šŸ“° The latest news!

Donā€™t worry, heā€™s been ranting at me elsewhere. I suspect the Bazza-pause has kicked in and heā€™s having the online version of hot flushes

1300 passengers, the choppers canā€™t fly in the winds and 60-80 feet waves.
Some prayers I think - click on the video

Iā€™d be the last off it it was drinks paid for lark.

2 Likes

Did I get banned? I didnā€™t know lads, ha ha.

Not sure about the Norway option.

Ya see, this time of year itā€™s better to take your chances in The Bermuda Triangle. :lou_lol:

1 Like

In the early 90ā€™s I was on the piss going to Bilbao and we delayed by about 6 hours getting into Santander, the Bay of Biscay was not a kind mistress but I can say for sure I donā€™t get seasick, there was shit going everywhere, managed to keep my stella the right way up though. (my choice of drink back then)

Can someone please tell me what the relevance of ā€˜passengers include 17 British and US citizens?ā€™ As if citizens of other nations are less important?

1 Like

We were on a Booze Cruise from Southampton to Cherbourg in 1980. We were hit by strong winds on the outward leg and a force 10 gale on the way back. It was so rough we couldnā€™t get into Cherboug Harbour. With the wine-stocking trip to the local hypermarket off the itinery they did an about turn and set off for home.

On the outward leg everyone had applied reverse logic and bevied-up to calm their nerves. Amazingly none of our party were sickā€¦far from it, we all indulged in a greasy English breakfast while most of the other passengers threw their stomach linings to the four winds. You needed wellingtons to use the bogs, it made for a quiet time in the barsā€¦we were the only ones drinking.

The return trip was very excitingā€¦well we thought it was. These ferries were smallā€¦about 7000 tonnes I think and took a real battering. We went to get a table in the restaurant for dinner but the matre d said to come back later if the weather calmed down a little. Later we were hit by a large wave broadside , followed quickly by another. Everything went flying and just for a laugh we went back to see the matre d Gloria as he was an old RN mate of one of our party. He said, ā€œDarlings, donā€™t come in hereā€¦itā€™s all up the walls.ā€ :lou_lol:

We arived back a little late but were each given an extra bottle of Scotch as compensation.

1 Like

Even on a Sunday someoneā€™s offendedā€¦I guess simply because the large bulk of elderly punters are US and British citizens?
Chill out.

17 out of 1500?
Bazza maths, or are they all overweight?

Oh dearā€¦

indeedā€¦

The Brits and Yanks were by far the most people on board was why I was sighing, go and check if you want before you get outraged again.

fair play, watched it againā€¦ it said a large number, the 17 refering to injuriesā€¦ apologies, that will teach me to comment before the Sunday dinner wine

1 Like

Not a problem, enjoy your wine.

Shit

Fire in St Maryā€™s area

https://twitter.com/Natalia_Ortegax/status/1110545136012931072

Nothing to see here, itā€™s just @Goatboy destroying the evidenceā€¦

2 Likes

Ffs