📰 The latest news!

Another club previously managed by twitchy that is suffering from financial problems :-

Edit : my spell predictor started predicting perversely rather than previously (mainily cos I transposed the r & e when I started typing) which I thought was rather apt.

New Zealand
Canada
Sweden
Ireland

Ireland? No, no where near it.
New Zealand? Winston Peters is deputy Prime Minister, I do like him though as he speaks his mind and is totally politically incorrect.
Sweden? Swedish Democrats.
Canada? There are Nationalist movements all over the place, in law possibly?

Some real solid arguments here Baz.

2 Likes

Ireland: abortion is legal, its not legal in all of the UK.
NZ: gave women the vote 25 years before the UK, first country to have a transexual MP.
Sweden: 3rd in global gender gap survey, about 10 places above the UK.
Canada: regularly voted the most tolerant country on earth by things like the Prosperity Index.

4 Likes

Well and I can copy and paste crap if you want but measure it to what?
The Church in Ireland was until recently the boss and we all know the Catholic views on women, gay rights, contraception etc etc.
New Zealand? Lived there for 3 years and there are huge issues there and not being addressed, land reforms and also immigration issues.
Canada has also huge issues with it and also Quebec and their indigenous peoples.

I really don’t know what more I can add off the hoof?

I can easily like most copy and paste in an attempt to appear Worldly and knowledgeable.

It is in Great Britain and you have the DUP to thank for that.
Abortion is your argument for stating the UK is behind Ireland in human rights and religious rights?
Are you serious?
I’m aware of New Zealands proud history in that but the relevance is what? Who is Labour in coalition with? That is people attitudes.
Sweden, great terrific, what about their established right wing party with lots of seats?
Canada, quite possibly in law, I conceded that but they have issues there as well.

I think Barry might be right. After all, you’d need the tolerance of a Saint to follow up Cameron with May.
Although it might just be stupidity and delusions of exceptioalist.
Are we so stupid, we’re tolerant of the intolerant? Illiberal liberals maybe :joy:

Those nations Wonton mentioned apart from Ireland could well be more tolerant in law but they have parties that are more to the right than we have, laws, parties and what people on the ground say are vastly different things.

Britain has what? Enoch Powell, Nigel Farage, Windrush scandal, neutered trade unions, Jeremy Thorpe, Myra Hindley, James Bulger murderers, Harold Shipman, Teresa fucking May, sexed up dossiers, a million Iraqi deaths, institutionalised racism, gender pay gap, fucking a dead pigs head, colonialism , shall I go on?

1 Like

It does you’ll find scandals in every Country, do you cry guilt every night? What sort or crap was that outburst of a post?

It was a response to you naming 1 or 2 people/things you don’t like about particular countries. It’s not a pissing contest Barry and if it was we would be urine soaked.

3 Likes

True, but if we only go on the last 100 years, we’d be slightly dryer than America, so that’s a positive(take them were you can).

Just doing what you do Baz, I selected a bunch of isolated facts and extrapolated them to make a broader point. You didn’t define tolerant, so not sure what you’re arguing about, we’re both right in relative terms.

3 Likes

Sorry for no prompt reply lads, I know you were hanging by your laptops, I’m making dinner.

Any news lately?

England are 2-0 up. Heavy smokers the Czechs. Questionable taste in footwear.

2 Likes

Baz is making dinner. It might be the most tolerant dinner ever, too early to say.

3 Likes

Oops finger trouble may need to relocate to pickled thread

A liberal helping of flaked fish.