šŸ“° The latest news!

Oh. This is not good.
Rise of the far right around the world thread?

Another one who wants relaxed gun control so people are safer. Less bloody guns would make people safer. Less poverty would make people safer.

Could Brazil have any more guns? Its a place Iā€™d hesitate to go just from some of the random violence stories you hear.
redemption-tony-rubino

I am just surprised that people are surprised by the March of the right.
Neo liberalism and centrist career politicians have given the world austerity. Then along comes someone offering something different.
It wonā€™t stop until politicians worry about the people, not the 1%
Sadly
Start by locking up some Bankers would be a help

Sorry, cant agree with the ā€˜neo-liberalism and centrist career politiciansā€™ nonsense. If anything its a general conservatism with too close ties to industry and financial sectors that let global banking get our of control as they chased non-tangible profits. The inevitable crash, left a huge mark and as always the most vulnerable et screwed by years of austerityā€¦ followed by a lurch to the rightā€¦ its not anew thing, happened before in the 1930s as post economic collapse, more authoritarian and ā€˜anti-establishmentā€™ (self proclaimed) parties gain popularityā€¦

I spent 10 months in South America and finished with a weekend in Rio. I went to a favela but it was a guided group. We saw people with guns and radios who were part of gangs out there. The rest of the time I was walking around somwhat more tourist areas and felt ok. One eveningbi haded out with a brazilain and mexican to Lapa and got a bus. My Brazilian friend was shocked I did that as itā€™s unsafe.
Some places are worse than others. Felt more at risk in Lima.

Iā€™ve not been to the US for a long long time and only to New Jersey/New York.

But think that they may have been able to find a photo op in their own backyard and not our.

At least 12 dead in a shooting at a country & western event in a bar in California. Scores reportedly injured. Surely there must have been a good cowboy with a gun there who could have prevented it!

When they said Dinnage I thought they meant Fred ā€œthe Skateā€ Dinnage :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

How pathetic, not the referee who should be praised for using his imagination, but the refereeā€™s body for banning him.

2 Likes

I know they say thereā€™s no money in womenā€™s football but this is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Grand Slam of Farts. That should have been the headline, fucking amateurs.

1 Like

With the French riot police using tear gas against their own people for merely demonstrating against tax increases, should we be funding and assisting these French rebels and pushing for regime change across the Channel?

1 Like

Fuck me there are a lot of homeless in London.

The streets are paved with gold seeā€¦

1 Like

Nice to see Bellingcat sponsors with their finger on the zeitgeist pulse:
https://twitter.com/AtlanticCouncil/status/1066894314305916929

43 posts were merged into an existing topic: Macronā€™s Yellow Vests

Have you actually looked at the other content of that web site?

which one?