📰 The latest news!

Touching is touching - it matters not what he touched or what he touched it with. hat he was doing when he laid his filthy hands on our lovely Queen. He violated her and the good name of this country. It was a calculated move designed to humilate our wonderful leader. I want to see a Trump-like ban on all Canadians coming to this country until there is an official apology and some compensation paid. ÂŁ66bn should do.

Come on Fats…I would have given her a piggy-back…it’s what any gentleman would do in the same circumstances. :lou_lol:

This is exactly what’s wrong with this country

Little girl sets up a stand selling lemonade for 50p on a road on the way to a festival of some sort and is fined £150 by trading officials. Nothing wrong with that, i hear you say. Too right, she broke the law. She should be punished. But what happens? The council end up apologising and cancelling the fine. How will this little criminal learn? What lesson had this girl learnt? That’s it’s ok to break the law. This country!

4 Likes

Just to annoy you:

Dozens of job offers for girl fined for lemonade stand

A five-year-old girl who was fined ÂŁ150 by a council for selling 50p cups of lemonade has received dozens of offers to set up stalls at other events.

50p a cup? :astonished:

That’s got to be an 800% mark-up - the greedy little bitch.

And she could have claimed the fine against corporation tax.

Greedy and dim - a future banker/MP.

1 Like

OMG @bearsy ! What will you use to create your artworks if Microsoft Paint goes extinct??

1 Like

We will always have Crayons!

1 Like

paint.net is your friend.

I just read that Paint is 32 years old and I remember using version 1.0.

Gulp.

It was as shit then as it is now.

Chill

omg i fkn KNEW IT! this explains so much!

Police have lifted the lid on alleged criminality at a Birmingham Legs 11 club with claims of customers being drugged, fleeced out of ÂŁ90,000 in credit card overpayments - and offered sex in locked VIP rooms.

Customers also claimed they had been secretly drugged, including one who said he later tested positive for methadone

1 Like

It is understood councillors were shown seized CCTV from the night of the undercover visit at the Broad Street venue.

It allegedly showed X-rated scenes - including … drunken customer being whipped with his belt by two lapdancers

hope they don’t release the video srs :lou_surprised: :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

This is bad, how?

1 Like

Barcelona are a selling club.

:lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Only Premier League footballers can afford the credit card payments.

At first sight, potentially interesting update on MH370.

Seems that France had Satellite images of floating wreckage 2 weeks after the crash but it was never analysed. New research started on those images earlier this year (after the search was called off) and actually indicates possible areas where the plane came down.

So the article reads as a “how could they miss something so basic as this?” Then it gets to the end and the story revolves around a US Research Company wanting Malaysian to give them “A Reward” if they find the wreckage.

I hope this is a true lead and not some “Marketing” genius chasing free publicity.

This bit of news is a bit of a worry. I guess there is a very high incidence of depression among teenagers, which is sad to hear.

A quarter of all 14-year-old girls are depressed, research shows

Anecdotally, it seems to be borne out by my own experience as an academic. We’re having to make a lot of allowances for students suffering stress, clinical anxiety, depression, etc.

The tempting thing is just to say ‘man up’ and deal with it. Certainly, that is the reaction of some of my colleagues who, when we discuss this, roll their eyes and say “back in my day blah blah blah…”. I confess that when a student comes to see me about this, my hidden reaction is similar. But then, when I was a student, just getting a degree was fine. Now, if they don’t get a 2:1 they regard themselves as a failure.

I guess the expectations, both in their student/work life and in their social lives are enormous and far more intense than anything I or my peers had to deal with.

As a parent of young kids, I wonder what I can do to help them. Or maybe I shouldn’t. Maybe I should just leave them alone and let them deal with it. Maybe too much interference from parents is part of the problem.

1 Like

Saudi women will be allowed to drive in 2018. That’s progress…possibly.

But they will still have to wear the full Burkha so will not be able to see properly it will be carnage on the streets of Mecca.

Quick send them this

2 Likes