šŸ“° The latest news!

And thatā€™s all he gets?! Heā€™ll be out in 6 weeks max to carry on where he left off.

Mind you 6 weeks of prison showers may remind him of his time at public school (i.e. Communal - not referring to anything else or warning him not to drop the soap)

Bath University Vice-Chancellor, Dame Glynis Breakwell, earns Ā£450k a year

According to Mrs C_S, who work in the University sector, and knows a fair bit about their finances, many VCā€™s will earn in the region of Ā£250k, before any any add-ons. Iā€™ve even heard of one having home improvements paid for (albeit it was to a Uni owned property - a big one mind you)

Itā€™s nothing new, and all already in the public domain (Ā£450k is a tad high though) just someone trawling it up again to get the public frothing at the mouth.

I left Bath Uni shortly after she was appointed VC. If you look at her official photos, she looks remarkably like sheā€™s chewing a wasp:

That said, her research on the psychology of risk is good stuff and I currently use her book on the subject for some of my teaching.

3 Likes

How else are they going to pay for their gold-plated jacuzzis?

2 Likes

The VC at BU recently awarded himself a 16% pay rise to Ā£350k to ā€œbring his salary in line with other VCsā€, this when all of his staff get a 1% pay rise every year (apart from those on the executive!!).

Strange how they have managed to get these rises shortly after Ā£9k tuition fees were introduced!!

2 Likes

Thing is @btripz the Govt had forced them to operate along private sector lines so thereā€™s no reason to be surprised that they voted themselves big pay rises.

The question is, who do you blame for that, the VCā€™s or the Govt?

If I was a VC Iā€™d probably feather my nest, and I suspect most people would.

The real issue is the fact the Govt got them in to that position in the first place.

1 Like

Nope I would be too fuckinā€™ embarrassed to be that transparent to actually do that. Like most decent people wouldā€¦and I think you would be too Cobs IRL.

2 Likes

For Ā£450k a year it has to be fucking good book on the psychology of risk - possibly with film rights included.

1 Like

Fair point @lifeintheslowlane , the embarrassment factor would kick in for most people, but to get to their position you have to have a certain mindset / thick skin. For them Ā£450k is probably what they think they should be paid.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Man dresses as dead sister to please his mentally ill mother. One of the strangest stories Iā€™ve ever read.

1 Like

R Kelly accused of running some sort of cult. It all sounds rather grim.

Thereā€™s @goatboy feeling a little nervous about the accusations against Mr Kelly.

At least R Kelly lets them live.

@pap in court for [stabbing a former friend 32 times](http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15420623.Man_who_stabbed_former_friend_32_times_said Hallelujah I ve_killed_a____ rapist _____ court_hears/)

1 Like

Not THE Paul Taylor surelyā€¦?!

Have you seen or heard from any of his friends recentlyā€¦actually does he have any friends?

Not if heā€™s going around stabbing them to death he wonā€™t

This has made me furious. Some Canadian oik has touched our Queen. Touched her! How dare he - coming over here, touching our Queen. The scum should be shot.

So long as he didnā€™t touch The Crown Jewels with his Prince Albert.

To The Tower with him.