⚖ The Independent Group

And with the comment “Europhiles” and the rest of your post that is where we disagree.

Not going to argue - we know we differ about the EU.

I still think the defectors from both parties are simply self serving and only in it for themselves.

With that, I’m out.

1 Like

Blimey. Another @Cobham-Saint mini-flounce, and this time because of the word “Europhiles”.

It’s absolutely true. All ten are citing their party’s position on Brexit as one of the problems they have.

I have no idea why you took that as a pejorative.

Why would you think I’m flouncing

I’m still here - just not getting dragged in to a pro / anti spiral with you specifically.

Not difficult to understand- or did my words confuse you?

They are not a party, they are a limited company. If they declare as a party they have to show who is funding them. It’s not rocket science. Why do you think they are trying to hide who is funding them? This is not democracy. Take a good look folks, this is how fascism works.

2 Likes

“With that, I’m out”, perhaps?

Sounded like a flounce, Cobs.

1 Like

This has got nothing to do with Brexit, leave or remain.This has got beyond this now. It is, quite simply, an attempt by a group of MPs who have contempt for democracy to bypass Parliamentary democracy, some of them bankrolled by a foreign state, to undermine our independence. And if anybody tries to point his obvious truth out they are immediately labelled an ‘anti-semite, holocaust denier and other such nonsense. I can’t speak for the latest Tory defectors, but the likes of Joan Ryan, Luciana Berger etc, with their accusations today that Corbyn is a dyed in the wool racist are beneath contempt. Corbyn, regardless of whether or not you agree with his policies, has consistently, over 30 years in parliament, voted for every motion condemning anti-semitism and racism. Given this, for him to be labelled a racist, is disgusting. It is desperate stuff. And to see the BBC, and the rest of our so called independent media dutifully going along with this is sickening. Just imagine if a Corbyn supporter had gestured towards an Asian woman on a discussion panel calling her "funny tinged’. There would have been uproar. Yet she wasn’t even called out on it by the chairperson conducting the debate. Wasn’t even mentioned on the BBC 6 o clock news. Today she has been excused because she was ‘Tired’. In my experience tiredness, like drunkenness tends to show people in their true light. Presumably if Ken Livingstone had said, "i was tired, so i misspoke, Luciana Berger, Angela Smith, Joan Ryan would have said, "That’s OK Ken, don’t do it again’. I don’t fucking think so. What a bunch of hypocrites they are. But of course, racism against Asians or black people is not then same as racism against Jewish people, they have their own special category. Which, of course, is in itself racist. As it stands the new Independent limited company is exposed as 14% institutionally racist. Who amongst our so called independent media are going to call them out on it? Don’t hold your breath.

4 Likes

Meh…

OK, I’ll grant you that one

:lou_wink:

1 Like

Sir is probably correct. It probably doesn’t have anything to do with Brexit. I have trouble believing that this motley crew have a single political conviction among them that they could advertise to the British public.

It’s worth pointing out that many of those members are facing deselection from their own constituencies, having riled their membership to the point where the membership rightly concludes that these folk aren’t really fighting for a Labour government.

In the case of Berger, the news bulletins often point out that she was the victim of vile antisemitic abuse, and she was. Her abuser was taken to court and prosecuted. Very few qualify that her abuser was a far right nutter and nothing to do with the Labour Party. What is the viewer that doesn’t know the background supposed to think? Particularly after a media barrage constantly suggesting that the Labour Party has a problem in this area.

Thing is, there have been no prosecutions, as there was with Berger’s far right abuser. There have been very few direct statements or clarifications on why something might be antisemitic. There is a concerted effort to close down debate leading to the ridiculous situation where a Labour MP is apologising for suggesting that Israel might be funding this effort, a perfectly reasonable assertion given its history and the revelations of the Al Jazeera documentary.

2 Likes

Absolutely right. As i said before, take a good look, this is how fascism works. And sadly it’s working in our country.

1 Like

Lol. Car crash…

Let’s be honest here, nothing short of Jeremy Corbyn committing Hari Kiri live on the six-o clock news will satisfy these people. They are clearly terrified at the prospect of a British Prime Minister who is supportive of the rights of Palestinians. As most decent people across the world are. They will stop at nothing to prevent it happening.

1 Like

Britain does have a unique voice in the world. We are post-imperialist, having actually meant it at the time, unlike the French, still mired in many of their colonial entanglements, as the Paris Metro bombs show.

I’m not suggesting we were any more moral about that, by the way. We tried maintaining our old ways in some places, notably Egypt, and were duly told to do one. The Yanks harassed the Royal Navy with bright lights during operations. It was the furthest the US dare go short of firing actual shots.

That said, most colonies of note were given up relatively promptly. We maintained stay-behind proxies in many places for decades after, but by the time Rhodesia became Zimbabwe, most of that was gone too.

We’re also better at not being racist twats than anywhere else in the world I’ve ever been.

4 Likes

SOS would strongly disagree I suspect.

Only because he spends so much time talking to you :smiley:

(sorry Bazza, forgive me, rare midweek beer)

1 Like

Our resident imperial exceptioalist would be correct for once. Your post was a more coherent version of many of his posts and would suggest that you haven’t lived in many(if any) non western places. We really aren’t nice, on a global scale.
Talking to our imperial exceptioalist so much does of course magnify the problem(i’m drinking as well😉 but my working week is over🍻).

You’re not drinking you’re not allowed to, you’re chasing the fucking dragon, its cheap out there.

Eh?

I’m not talking about the actions of our military or secret forces, as directed by the governments of the day.

I am talking about us. We are great at not being racist twats.