⚖ The Independent Group

:smiley:

https://twitter.com/StevieHemmings/status/1098111375312896000

There is a lot of sneering and dismissing going on amongst the twitterati about these “splitters”

Sort of reinforces their point that the Labour Party have a goodly amount of unpleasant people in it.

2 Likes

This is the 21st century…where even the bad guys have a voice. Happens everywhere. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Yep… I would have thought some dignity would have worked wonders to demonstrate to those swing voters who hold power in this country, that one party is above all the spitefulness and can clim a moral high ground…

1 Like

That the Corrupt Seven are some of the most unpleasant people in British politics is not entirely relevant, nor is the question of which interest groups are funding them. They are just an emission of puss, a symptom of the rottenness of the British body politic. They have nothing interesting to say and are feeble tools of the wealthy, thrown out as protection for a crumbling political system. The end of the UK is not pretty, and this is one of its uglier moments. It really is beyond time to crack on with Scottish Independence and the reunification of Ireland.

Like I have said previously, I don’t necessarily agree with Craig Murray but this struck a chord with me…

1 Like

And here come the tory splitters.
I look forward to seeing the reaction from the most unpleasant party.
Three Tory MPs defect to fledgling Independent Group

2 Likes

Up to eleven now. Does this make them the forth largest (non)political party in the UK?

Their choice, that is fine.

They seem to be saying that they will be voting along Tory lines on most subjects but defo not Brexit, which I suspect without checking, they have been rebelling against since day 1. Just saves agro with the party whips

Joan was making allegations about people who voted in the no confidence vote. So not all one sided.
But I’d like to see more respectful conversations both in politics and generally in life. I’m not always able to do this but I am trying!

Sounds very much like the 7(8). Moan about Brexit and the lurch to the right. Although the 7s claim has been shown to be unfounded.
Are they now bigger than the libs, this private company?

They’re self serving bastards who haven’t even got the bottle to have a by-election.

1 Like

Kinda proves my point!!

Are they a party? I would like to see how they align on certain votes that would normally split Tory and Labour. If they go the same way, then they could potentially be classed as a party

Not yet and how they align on anything will be amusing. Unfortunately our bought and payed for media will probably not even gently probe this obvious line, which is a shame for us(and democracy).

As this new mob are becoming a multi party concern and claiming the centre ground, could they wreck the liberal vote?

And if they split the liberal vote, which if the big two would benefit the most

Wreaking the liberal vote, doesn’t amount to much. No one believes the business as usual centre ground(neolib) bull anymore.
The Labour splitters will all lose their seats and those places will remain Labour. Don’t know if they could nick a few tory seats, but doubt it.
They’ll merge with the libs, or be forgotten i’d imagine and let’s be honest, merging will only slow the inevitable political oblivion.
More benifit for Labour i think, but purely on the fact that they’re rid of some people that’s whole purpose was stopping the party being what it was set up to be.
Expect it to continue, as more get their orders to keep it in the news(mostly Labour).
We could soon end up with the 3rd largest number of seats in the house representing a hidden private company.

I’d like an invite to a party.
A proper old fashioned one.
With Party 7s & Kraftwerk or Cream or ELP.

2 Likes

Some great replies.
https://twitter.com/mrmarksteel/status/1098250414577856512?s=19

3 Likes

The Tinge Fringe gets my vote.

3 Likes

This is actually very decent news for both parties. It’s basically a group of Europhiles that have spent the past two years telling the public they’ve got it wrong.

At least folk will be able to vote for Labour or Conservative knowing these fuckers won’t be part of the mix.