šŸ„Š The Boxing Thread

I donā€™t think he was a pro DP as I canā€™t find a boxrec on him. Seems like he had amateur background and a bit of a troubled life.

Originally posted by @Tokyo-Saint

Why? I am loving the HW division at the moment. I know there are 400 different belts and every causal thinks the fighter from their country is the HW champ (this is happen when AJ beats Martin), however most people who follow boxing, know Fury is the ā€˜realā€™ champ. After years of Vlad killing the division with boredom and Floyd doing the same for the midgets, the sport has really opened up. Providing people keep fighting each other, it should be good. Ortiz V AJ or even Browne V Parker would be interesting fights. Better of years of Vlad jab and hugs anyway.

Donā€™t think AJ is ready for Ortiz.

Wilder V Fury would be a laugh. Itā€™s got more interesting since Furyā€™s win but not a lot of talent around imho.

Please donā€™t quote me Gboy, it means I have to read back through my own mental post and cringe. I was ā€˜doing other thingsā€™ and on my phone in my defence.

Not sure on Ortiz, as he is there to be hit - bit like AJ. I think Fury beats everyone at the moment although his motivation seems to have gone through the floor since winning the belt.

Next satā€™s card should be good and the one in Liverpool early next month, although it will mean having to listen to Paul Smith bang on about his brother all night.

I reckon Ortiz would have a chance against Fury. He hits hard and if he catches him heā€™ll knock Tyson over.

Fury was shitfaced at that Wilder fight!

1 Like

Just watched the Blackwell v Eubank Jnr fight. Ouch. Blackwellā€™s face was a right mess. Good fight.

Blackwells corner and the ref have an awful lot to answer for.

Blackwell is in an induced coma following a bleed on the brain sustained in the fight. Apparently he collapsed shortly after the fight and was taken to hospital, where the coma was induced to keep him stable. Prognosis said to be OK though, which is good.

Horrible news. I immediately thought of my old favourite boxer, ā€œFerociousā€ Fernando Vargasā€™ sickening hematoma after his first clash with Sugar Shane.

Blackwellā€™s fight should have been stopped before it got that far, he was getting taken apart.

Woah. Hope he pulls through ok. :lou_sad:

That fight was brutal, I thought damaging bouts like that were halted 25 years ago.

Blackwellā€™s biggest problem was that he was too tough to get knocked down.

If allowed he would have lasted the full 12 rounds and climbed straight into an ambulance.

Once Eubank was all over him and battering him to pieces it should have been stopped.

HIs corner also have to take the blame, if they love him they should have put a stop to it and then explained to him later why they did that, the ref is also as fault but corners get away with it as they have the moral duty of care (as well as the ref) to their fighter.

The best night of boxing I have seen in long long time at Liverpool tonight, any boxing fans watch the first two fights and this Rocky Fielding one is amazing as well!

And we have another, new British Heavyweight Champion of the World!!! :lou_lol:

A stunning and imperious display from Anthony Joshua, as he pounded his way to an impressive Second Round Stoppage win over Charles Martin, to claim the IBF World Title.

Took a while to really start firing, but once he did, it was one way traffic.

A huge left-hook followed by a crashing right-hand sent his American opponent sprawling across the canvas, and a second knockdown shortly after was game over.

The question had been previously asked: ā€œIs Anthony Joshua ā€˜readyā€™ for a title challenge yet?ā€

The clinical answer was delivered: Yes. Yes he is.

What next for Anthony? A unification fight with Tyson Fury? Or a showdown with the talkative Deontay Wilder?

1 Like

I believe that the Klitschko rematch is next up on Furyā€™s agenda. Takes place in July.

Indeed, on the 9th. Should be a straightforward defence really, on home ground, without any 3 inch foam under the canvass tricks.

Fury just canā€™t help himself can he? From the BBC Website

Speaking to BBC Sportā€™s boxing correspondent Mike Costello, the WBA and WBO title-holder, who defeated Ukrainian Klitschko on points in Dusseldorf last November, Fury then claimed he has ā€œno motivationā€ for the upcoming rematch, suggesting he was currently seven stone above his fighting weight.

ā€œIā€™m 24 stone at the minute,ā€ said the Manchester fighter. "Klitschko donā€™t go overweight, Klitschko donā€™t lose his rag. Iā€™m out drinking, partying 24/7.

ā€œI am the number one in the division, Iā€™m the top dog. I have achieved my goals. Iā€™ve got no more to achieve.ā€

Fury said ā€œtalentā€ rather than motivation would be key against the 40-year-old in July.

"I love boxing, but when I achieved all the goals that I set out to achieve itā€™s finished for me, itā€™s over.

"Iā€™ll go into a camp, train and Iā€™ll just show people how to win. Even though Iā€™m not interested in the sport.

ā€œYou donā€™t need motivation, you need talent and ability. Thatā€™s it.ā€

1 Like

Originally posted by @BTripz

Fury just canā€™t help himself can he? From the BBC Website

Speaking to BBC Sportā€™s boxing correspondent Mike Costello, the WBA and WBO title-holder, who defeated Ukrainian Klitschko on points in Dusseldorf last November, Fury then claimed he has ā€œno motivationā€ for the upcoming rematch, suggesting he was currently seven stone above his fighting weight.

ā€œIā€™m 24 stone at the minute,ā€ said the Manchester fighter. "Klitschko donā€™t go overweight, Klitschko donā€™t lose his rag. Iā€™m out drinking, partying 24/7.

ā€œI am the number one in the division, Iā€™m the top dog. I have achieved my goals. Iā€™ve got no more to achieve.ā€

Fury said ā€œtalentā€ rather than motivation would be key against the 40-year-old in July.

"I love boxing, but when I achieved all the goals that I set out to achieve itā€™s finished for me, itā€™s over.

"Iā€™ll go into a camp, train and Iā€™ll just show people how to win. Even though Iā€™m not interested in the sport.

ā€œYou donā€™t need motivation, you need talent and ability. Thatā€™s it.ā€

What a cunt he is.

Thing is with Tyson, it is mostly all hype, and antagonistic bullshit, said purely for effect.

I very much doubt he actually means half of the shit he comes out with. Tyson Fury ā€˜the personaā€™ is pretty much mostly a contrived contovertial act for the cameras. I know someone who used to know his family a few years back, and he said that underneath the front ā€“ Tyson is actually a really nice regular down-to-earth bloke, and a great father.

Still a cunt though.

1 Like

He wouldnā€™t come out with the things he does if he wasnā€™t a shit.