🥊 The Boxing Thread

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Fury at it again

Originally said by Guy WIth Huge Chip on His Shoulder

Tyson Fury says he will move to the United States after his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, because he believes he is not accepted in Britain.

Heavyweight world champion Fury fights Klitschko again on 9 July, having beaten the Ukrainian in November.

“I’m not accepted in Britain because I’m a Gypsy and that will never change,” said Fury, 27.

The WBA and WBO title-holder added: “The Klitschko fight will be my last in Britain - get past him and I’m away.”

No, Tyson, no one accepts you in the UK because you’re a loud mouthed braggart, oh and you’re a cunt!

1 Like

Surprised that there has been no discussion of Tyson Fury.

In case anyone hadn’t noticed it’s David Haye v Arnold Gjergjaj at 8pm tonight on Dave.

Dave? Yeah, really.

Go figure.

Hayes wins in a second stoppage of Gjergkaj

Tony Bellew becomes WBC Cruiserweight Champ on his own patch.

False Creed, obviously :lou_wink_2:

Cheers GB, love a bit of IFL but been shit recently and stayed away. Enjoyed that.

1 Like

Anyone watching tonight? GBoy?

Main event is a mismatch but a chance to make some money on a early stoppage. Groves v Murray should be decent (groves decision is good value and Eubank fights are always interesting. A half decent card and a chance to have a break from the football.

Nah. party last night. Where everyone was talking politics. Most unusual. I tried to keep things as normal as possible by getting fucking shitfaced. Will catch up today.

Fuck a duck! Gennady Golovkin to fight Kell Brook in September. Exciting enough fight for me to delay my holiday to go to. After being a pussy for years Brook suddenly has balls the size of water melons.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10496099/gennady-golovkin-to-fight-kell-brook-on-september-10-on-sky-sports-box-office

1 Like

Originally posted by Tokyo-Saint

Fuck a duck! Gennady Golovkin to fight Kell Brook in September. Exciting enough fight for me to delay my holiday to go to. After being a pussy for years Brook suddenly has balls the size of water melons.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10496099/gennady-golovkin-to-fight-kell-brook-on-september-10-on-sky-sports-box-office

Why a pussy Tokyo? Not aware of him ducking anyone plus he went to the states to win the title.

GGG is a beast. It’s a no lose situation I guess. If he loses but performs well then his stock rises. If he gets knocked out then it was due to the weight/size difference and if he wins he’s the new floyd.

Don’t believe the Matchroom BS, he is a massive ducker. Have to respect him for taking this fight but up until now he has done nothing since winning his version of the belt. In fact you could say that since he beat Porter, his reputation has declined while Porter’s has actually increased (until the recent fight).

You can of course argue he was unlucky getting stabbed by the rent boy/coke dealer, has had manditories etc but the numbers don’t lie. Until this fight was announced he had dropped from number 1 at matchroom to number 5th or 6th. This will take him right back up there even when GGG ices him.

BTW Diego Chaves was a duck. If not, why no mention of him after the ‘injury’ recovered?

Who’s watching the Carl Frampton fight anybody got a stream?

Well he appears to have won but the only online thing I can see is for the build up.

He appears to have one as I had 50 notes on him at 3.85 and betfair have credit the account.

1 Like

He did indeed win on a split decision, one judge had it even and the others one by four rounds and the other by streets! I’ve only seen five rounds so far but he’s ahead and looking comfortable.

1 Like

Kell Brook v Golovkin tonight. This could be painful. Anyone watching?

Yes, looking forward to this. 2 very good boxers. I would love to see Brook show all his skills. Have rated him very highly for a number of years. Being honest, it’ll probably need to be his most commanding performance to stand a chance against ggg’s power punches and work rate. Could easily end up like Khan, look good for a few rounds then get tagged by one decent punch and turn to a bag of jelly.

I’m still tempted to pick a round for a Brook upset. It’ll be mug odds for a mug punter. I’m off to have a look :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Looked at the odds. Round betting goes from 85/1 up to 200/1 for a Brook win. Now with odds like that do i even bother picking a round? Take all 12 and if Brook wins, turn a massive profit. How much should i donate to the bookies benevolent fund this weekend?