šŸ„Š The Boxing Thread

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/1135025949194543106

AJ has so much to improve upon but not sure heā€™s got enough time. He was lucky in some ways that heā€™s boxing in an era that allowed him to fight charles Martin to win a world title. Heā€™s also unlucky in that fighting in such a weak HW era he didnā€™t learn his craft more before fighting for a title.
I was defending his punch resistance with Bletch last night as the punch from klitschko wouldā€™ve koā€™d plenty, but last night/this morn he looked like heā€™d borrowed Amir Khanā€™s chin. He was dreadful in defence, surely he must work on it. It seems his ego ruled his head when he got tagged and he tried to fight back. Thatā€™s what made Nigel Benn amazing and AJ vulnerable.

1 Like

Class.

Just watched AJ talk on SSN.

Heā€™s handling it well.

Ignoring any previous shit performances from Saints, has there ever been a more depressing day of sports results in a single day?

Wins for Australia, Saracens , Scouse Cunts and now this. Even the fucking Derby was won by a horse called Van Dyck.

4 Likes

Great watching Sky in mourning this morning.

Fury signed to BT and now theyā€™ve lost their Brit champion.

Guess theyā€™ll get a few quid from the re-match.

Just watched fight highlights. What a terrible performance. Blowing out of his arse by round 3 and looked like he couldnā€™t be arsed at all.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DillianWhyte/status/1135031440616370176

Iā€™ve watched the whole thing. From where Iā€™m sitting, AJ got the sense knocked out of him in round three and didnā€™t get over it. Wasnā€™t taking instructions from the corner, even though he asked them at one point what Ruiz was going to do in the next round.

Think the ref did him a huge favour by stopping it when he did.

It was odd wasnā€™t it. He came in lighter does loads of cardio and I noticed he was breathing heavy early on. Adrenaline dump maybe? Strange. Reminded me of Bruno. Looked stiff and robotic and too much muscle mass.

Read that he asked his cornerā€™why am I feeling like thisā€™ during one of the rounds. Something wasnā€™t right.
Also whilst he seemed classy in defeat he almost seemed too happy to me. Perhaps in some ways he felt relief. The burden/pressure of expectation may have weighed heavier than realised.

I heard Teddy Atlas say that he got hit behind the ear which is a bitch to recover from as it affects the balance etc.

1 Like

Apparently a glovalsfc member is on social media chilling in a selfie with Ruiz after the fight. But I know nowt about boxing these days & cant find it

Heā€™s probably right but thereā€™s something about Fury that I just donā€™t likeā€¦

It is not the real him, he is saying it to get press and hype the fight. He is actually a decent guy behind all the fight hype crap.

This is him calmly giving his opinion.

https://twitter.com/stefanhatton/status/1138114596550713344?s=12

4 Likes

Tyson Fury the sensible talking elder statesman of boxing. Whoā€™d have guessed?
Is he the first person since the defeat that has stated the obvious ā€œit doesnā€™t mean itā€™s the end of the world, itā€™s a boxing match for gods sakeā€.
Is he going to make a serious attempt at taking the titles? Heā€™d probably take them all if he did.

I like the new Tyson Fury, but if Iā€™m honest, I prefer him out of his head and late night tweeting.

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably not the best for his career, or indeed mental health, but yeah, he was funny.

Zelfa Barrett out pointed Lyon Woodstock. Cracking fight that. Josh Warrington v Kid Galahad up next.

Dillian Whyte will give anyone more than a good contest, theyā€™re all shit scared of facing him, Joshua was lucky the last time.