šŸ„Š The Boxing Thread

Yeah that should do it, posting like that so you are now odds on to lose your bet with Pap, now if you hadnā€™t mentioned your skills as a gambler youā€™d have been about 50-1 ON to win.

#sodslaw

2 Likes

I did think that before starting a thread. My gambling account over the last year has gone up from Ā£5 (I put Ā£50 in, got Ā£50 free bet, won and took everything out other than a fiver so I would always be up on 'the house) to over Ā£100. I did the same the year before starting at the Froch Groves fight. Small money I know but percentage wise it is a very decent increase. You can place whichever stake you like, the increase should be the same. I do it just for the fun. if my account hits Ā£0, I donā€™t allow myself to put anything in until the end of the year.

However, I did think that as soon as I start a gambling thread, my bets will all turn to shit. I thought placing tips in here might not anger the gambling gods but might get others giving advice on other sports (golf Phil, GOLF!) and create some discussion. Letā€™s see.

Sounds good @tokyo-saint

When they took refuelling out of F1 I made quite a bit. Any of the decent cars pitting near the end virtually guaranteed fastest lap. Can still do it now but odds are not as good.

1 Like

Maybe start a ā€˜Put Your House On Itā€™ thread Tokes so we can include all sports?

We already have the Gambling thread and at present I believe we are all down. Well I am nearly on the bones of my arse but we shall see what spring brings.

Your idea of putting the amount you can lose in and not going below that until the next season is exactly my approach at present i think I have a a few bob left for this season. And enough in the kitty to buy Chutney Ferrets new name in the charity auction

1 Like

I want the thread but donā€™t want to anger the gambling gods! Busy at work atm, will try later.

1 Like

I like the idea of a separate thread. Rather than just announcing what you have bet on, you are advising others of good tips or anomalies in the market.

As @tokyo-saint has mentioned, boxing has more than its share of mismatches and markets skewed by people betting with their hearts.

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea about boxing betting apart from the big fights where I have to bet against all Filipinoā€™s as the staff want to win some money. Unless I am at work when I can put money on the PAC Man to win.

I find the secret is to bet against what is unlikely to happen rather than trying to guess what will happen. This means that you will lose a lot of bets but your overall account should increase.

For example, Sam Eggington v Paul Malignaggi. I cannot see Eggington outbox one of the best technical boxers we have seen in the last 10+ years. However, he can pressure and overpower people. On the other hand, Malignaggi has pillows for gloves and only has a 19% knockout ratio, those being against journeymen when he was younger.

Therefore -

Ā£10 On Malignaggi to win on points pays Ā£30

Ā£10 on Egginton to win by KO or TKO pays Ā£32.50

This means you are betting against a draw, Egginton points win or Malignaggi KO. Your account should go up by Ā£10 or more depending on what you bet. I have never really told anyone my bets before and it has gone well. I can see this going badly wrong now and Malignaggi now finding power we havenā€™t seen since the Spice Girls topped the charts.

3 Likes

Haye taking things too far??

@tokyo-saint Iā€™m only interested in massive payouts for minimal outlay. If youā€™ve got a surefire tip for something I can put a tenner on and get hundreds back, let me know. I donā€™t have time for this incremental bullshit - Iā€™m still trying to pay back the loan sharks following Jack Schittā€™s prophesy of Pellegrini coming to manage us.

1 Like

Best I have got is tomorrowā€™s fight not to go the distance.

Haye V Bellew? 2/9 probably guaranteed but virtually no return unless your prepared to put a lot on it. Might work as part of an accumulator.

Was going to bet on Haye, first round. Only 10/1. No decent odds on Haye unless i go for fight to end in first minute(any winner) 25/1 which is a shit bet, but just about plausible as Haye wants to humiliate Bellew and has the power. Think i should leave this one alone.

Itā€™s the only dead cert single bet I know :frowning:

1 Like

That with Egginton to win KO/TKO, Selby rounds 7-9 12/5(risky) and Taylor V Gentility not to go the distance gives 20.57/1.

Take out the risky Selby and itā€™s not bad at 6.05/1 or take him for KO/TKO and itā€™s 10.08/1

Womens boxing may be the place to look. I no nothing about it though.

Not sure about Taylor, her 2nd fight went the distance. Unfortunately, I think Davies will win tomorrow as well.

My general strategy is always careful build up covering the bases. Boring gambling but seems to work. That and betting the rounds. You can usually narrow it down to 2 or 3 and get decent odds on each. Saying that, I lost a lot of the pot when Joshuaā€™s fight dragged on.

I picked Taylor because she was 1/200 for the win. With odds like that i assumed her opponent would have a heart attack just from the noise of the first bell.

I may need to rethink my strategy :lou_facepalm_2:

She is excellent and very good to watch to be fair. I think it was just the last girl was a good opponent. I know nothing about this one. Dave Allan had a 3 day camp for this fight and they are trying to build him so I expect this will be a knockdown job. Selby will win easily. Davies should win but it will be a good competitive fight. Derry looks like he wants to go out on a win or at the very least a war.

Thurman V Garcia on afterwards and the UFC looks good as well.

Haye weighed in about a stone and a half heavier as well. He is going for the quick knockout.

If he doesnā€™t get it, the fight will become very interesting.

A stone and a half with his speed and power. Iā€™m starting to like the 10/1 first round bet now. Even with his guard up, Bellew is going to be shocked by the power.

Think i will still take Taylor on an accumulator.

Keep the tips coming. Iā€™m so out of touch with boxing, i need all the help i can get.