šŸ„Š The Boxing Thread

Bloody heā€™ll. The boxing is on here for a change.

Brave from Edwardā€™s but totally out of his depth

Stuart Hallā€™s got himself in good shape.

Is he on day-release or something?

2 Likes

Knock him out Kell. Do a Lloyd Hunigon and run over and smack him round the side of the head as heā€™s getting off his stool. Might be your best chance

Andre Ward won again last night (on points over Kovalev).

Pretty good fight if you can find it on demand (available on sportsmania).

Kovalev was robbed imho. Threw and landed more. Knocked him on his arse and still seen as losing by the USA judges.

1 Like

No sure GB. I may be bias as hard Ward on pts as a bet but at the end SK just couldnā€™t get near him. I was pleased to see him knock him down though and deep down wanted SK to win by dominating torture. But it went like a floyd fight and slick black code boxing wins again.

Canā€™t see a rematch as Ward is a pain in the arse. He will probably defend against fat smith, try and push himself up to the 49-0 mark. Plus more of the same in the rematch, dodge dodge, grab, work on the inside, jab on the break, leg it.

PBC card was ok as well, except atmosphere in America is worse than an England match.

1 Like

Yank boxing, counter punch and if too much hold and punch on release, in short boring, Ward is effective though and probably the best around

Haye vs Bellew coming up in early March.

They had to be pulled apart at a press conference. Haye is training on a luxury yacht (hopefully not Raymond) while Bellew is training up in Rotheram.

I am not surprised that Bellew gets into beef with peeps. @redjoane , who used to live on the same estate with him, said he was a big eared little ruffian always trying to bum ciggies off the older kids. And of course, he was set to serve a custodial sentence in that Creed film, so thereā€™s that. Bad lad.

What do we reckon, boxing aficiniados?

If Hayes time away from the ring hasnā€™t had to much of a detrimental effect, heā€™ll blow Bellew away. Quicker, more power and better technical boxer. One good right from Haye and itā€™s all over. Round 4-6.

2 Likes

Stupid fight, half decent cruiser weight against a fully roided up heavy weight. Itā€™s just a money making exercise as both fighters known to the causal boxing fan and can talk to sell a fight. Flanagan Vs prick Oā€™Hara Davis on the under card might be worth watching.

Is this the one where Mickey dies?

Or Apollo?

2 Likes

Haye apparently carrying an Achilles.

Boxed less than 20 minutes in the last six years.

As a casual fan, I am very interested in this. Iā€™m just waiting for confirmation that Survivor will be playing the theme tune.

Interestingly, looks like Iā€™m gonna have to gen up on this Boxing malarky.

Manny v Amir coming up now that is gonna be the hottest damned ticket this pace has ever tried to sell

I actually went to a Boxing thingy here - Chris Eubank (Snr) vs Camilio Alarcon in 1997ā€¦

Then in about 2005 met the man himself and introduced him to Bullfrogs (not even mention of golf there)

But an interesting side note in boxing history none the less

How about a bet webmaster? I bet Haye inside 8 rounds, you can have every other result. Maybe some forfeit for the stake.

Let me know if you are interested and what you think.

I think there are a range of bookmakers to choose from :lou_lol:

Fucking heā€™ll tokes you like the odds stacked in your favour.

To make that fair, the forfeit would be something like this. @pap loses, canā€™t post for 48 hours. @tokyo-saint loses, has to chop his hands off.

1 Like

A fair point but Pap is taking the piss as I said it was a mismatch set up for casuals. Pap trying to troll me on a few threads now. No class.

I think youā€™ve lost all sense of perspective, sir.

What I was actually doing was playing along with self-deprecating humour. Iā€™m sure most other people caught that.

If I missed it, I apologise.

You trolled me a little yesterday and I ignored it. Could be your humour again. At a crossroads at the moment Pap. You decide which way we go.

You two are like a more eloquent version of Barry and Cherts, but with the underlying tone of a spurned lover(from both of you).

Back to the bet. You take Haye first 4 rounds, pap everything else(still think you have the better odds). Someone like @areloa-grandee or @fatso to start a poll of possible forfeits, to go to a general vote.

2 Likes

I make a fair bit of money from betting on boxing and was thinking of starting a betting thread. Football results are too random and too many people know a lot more than me. But boxing has mismatches all over the place and broadcasters target the ā€˜casual marketā€™ (people who just watch 3 or 4 big fights per year). They believe the hype and skew the odds.

Iā€™ll post some tips on here and see how it goes. If anyone finds any other good bets, overly long odds, they should post them on here as well.

1 Like