🐄 The Beef Thread (in honour of Barry)

I think your problem over there is frequency, SOG. Post enough crap and it’s likely you’ll post some real crap that people can pull you up on. No-one’s immune. How do you ever think I got to taunt CB Fry with “our Tony Pulis” for so long?

It really sounds like you don’t enjoy posting there.

I have to agree with you there Pap, you have been consistently strong in that area for years…

3 Likes

All learned though, Baz. I am not a savant like yourself.

1 Like

Yes, I dont agree with sexism, homophobia and racism either, No do I agree with kiddy fiddling, rape and murder. Some people do these things, some dont. Where I have a problem is labeling whole swaths of a religion or race or whatever because of the actions of a minority. For example I am sure (or hopeful) that not all of the clergy in this country abuse children.

The hypo here is clearly not the real hypo.

SOG, as an “old” git, I thought you would have got to the point where you only worry about the things worth worrying about. You seem to get incredibly upset about the opinions of well known wankers, such as the SWF lot and Katie Hopkins. What’s the point? My honest advice is for you to leave SWF. You will never get them to change their minds because they’re either (a) too stupid to understand or (b) trying to wind you up. The more you bite the more it reflects badly on you and to be honest, you’re not coming out of that thread very well. As I’m being honest, bringing that tedious shit over here is pretty tiresome. I don’t post there anymore because it’s a place full of arseholes, so why would you try and bring all of that here? I’m not interested in it. If I was, I’d be there.

And that, as an old teacher of mine used to say, is…“fair but harsh”

5 Likes

I agree Pap. I have posted crap. I wish I hadnt posted some things and wish I had posted some things differently on many threads, but it is just a football internet forum and I dont see why some people get their panties in a bunch over it. If TSW was a pub there would be a major punch up every night! To me it should just be an exchange of opinions. Trouble is you get sucked in and end up playing the game. I dont like the name calling but I have been doing that too because that becomes the modus operandi. I know I should know better. I started off by getting sucked into a long running spat with Alpine. I dont know what I thought it would achieve because he is clearly never going to change his posting style, but it wound me up to the point that I bit all of the time. It was only when someone pointed out that I was boring the fuck out of everyone that I realised what a time waster it was and stopped. Here I am doing it again! No I dont enjoy posting there and am only keeping it going for now so that the usual suspects dont feel that they have won. I will bail out in my own time which is a shame because I have been posting on Saints websites for 20 years or so. Exchanging different views is one thing, dealing with cunts is another.

I cant disagree with you Fatso and I apologise for infecting this place with TSW disease.

2 Likes

You could post a million times, enumerating all knowledge in the universe and the people you’re speaking about would still feel as if they had won.

1 Like

I have no issue labelling adherents of a religion advocating continued racism , sexism and homophobia backward stonethrowers no matter what religion they happen to be.

You compare two different things and that muddies the waters.
Individual action and religious dogma.
Apples and oranges.

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

No I dont enjoy posting there and am only keeping it going for now so that the usual suspects dont feel that they have won.

jesus

1 Like

What about these “pray the gay away” Christian churches?

Seriously mate, if you want to see religious and creepy, get yourself down to Frontline church on Lawrence Road.

Absolute bastards Pap, backward stonethrowers who are arseholes, seem fair? Or is that racist by your twisted definition?

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Absolute bastards Pap, backward stonethrowers who are arseholes, seem fair? Or is that racist by your twisted definition?

Excellent. I trust you will take up the crusade against charismatic Christian evangelical churches with as much fervour as you did with those Islamic folk.

On a related note, given that some Christians are like this, should I instantly tar them all with the same brush? It’s just that some I’ve met are genuinely lovely people. We can’t be too careful though!

Originally posted by @pap

Seriously mate, if you want to see religious and creepy, get yourself down to Frontline church on Lawrence Road.

Landover Baptist is the way forward. http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

The ONLY place for True Christians™. Hallelujah, praise Jesus.

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

To me it should just be an exchange of opinions. Exchanging different views is one thing, dealing with cunts is another.

Therein lies the TSW problem mate. What you have to bear in mind, is that the vast majority of those who you are ‘arguing’ with over there, have no interest in exchanging opinions whatsoever.

They are there for one reason, and one reason only. To piss off and wind up as many people as they can. It’s their ‘sport’. They like to dress it up as “banter”, but it is not. Banter is funny. Even when aimed at yourself, you can still accept and appreciate a good shot when you receive it.

There is banter, and then there is just being a cunt. There is being a cunt for comical effect, and then there is just being a nasty cunt, because you are a nasty cunt.

Sadly a once good forum that has been left to fester and turn rancid by shite stand-offish administration, is now full of rancid nasty cunts allowed to run free without check or balance.

You’re far better off just staying out of the place mate, lest it infect you with its disease. Before you know it, you’ll get sucked into being a nasty cunt in retaliation. And then the nasty cunts have won. Don’t give them the satisfaction of drawing you down to their level.

5 Likes

Any Christian that is in a denomination that doesn’t recognise same sex marriage yes of course?

Ha ha Pap are you that blind you think I think this is solely one religion?

As I correctly told you before religion is not a pick and mix it is one thing regardless of what faith that may be, you are or you aren’t.

CofE is by far the most openminded and forward thinking and that nearly totally splintered on same sex marriage and gay vicars etc etc.

Most strains of faiths are backward homophobic, sexist and racist, similar to the pro hunting lobby saying its tradition and it should stay, just because something has been doesn’t mean it isn’t backward and should go.

You silently advocate it, who is the bastard now?

Not me.

Isn’t there better things to talk about than me? I mean wasn’t one of the motivations for founding this forum to get away from the bickering and engage in more intellectual pursuits? (and shit from Bearsy.)

yes, but I’m willing to call you a cunt every few months.

4 Likes

There are and we do.

I can handle that. Let’s leave the rambling diatribes for the other place though eh? Snappier insults are much more readable.

They are mate – but they lose their edge when you post them three and a half times.

2 Likes