šŸ„ The Beef Thread (in honour of Barry)

Not really. At best, it allows you to get something off your chest. Personally, Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth moaning about anything going on TSW, particularly if you have experience of it.

The vultures will always pick off what they see as the easiest prey.

It was suggested that I took my issue up with Hypo on the beef thread which is what I have done. As for far far away. Is the click of a mouse that far?

At the risk of sounding like a proper hypocrite (again!), because I know Iā€™ve called Furbs out, youā€™ve both got accounts on SaintsWeb. At the very least, think of the effort that people have to go to in order to maintain their understanding of your beef. Itā€™s not just a mouse-click. Itā€™s tracking your scrap all over the 'net.

Iā€™m reminded of this, for some reason.

1 Like

Fair enough. I dont really expect anyone else to join in. I am just trying to find out how hypos mind works as it seems that he is slightly less of an arsehole here than he is on TSW. On the plus side I was pretty much on my own in the early days on that particular thread but plenty of others are joining in now so he has his hands full.

Do you really still think theyā€™re the same person? As in Hypochondriac over there and hypochondriac over here? Really? Seriously?

I really didnt until recently.

Well, I could be wrong, but Iā€™d be astonished if theyā€™re one and the same. Far too obvious for someone from Saints Web to open an account in that name as a joke, far too unlike the TSW Hypo to do any such thing. Plus their posting styles are very different.

If they are one and the same then Iā€™d have to tip my hat to Hypo for keeping it up (as it were).

4 Likes

I would have agreed with you about their posting styles being different, and there was that odd stuff about his former gf posting as him wasnt there? But his recent posts on here have been very similar to his style on TSW and I do now think they are one in the same. I think he just moderates himself on here because he knows he wont get away with the crap that he posts on TSW here. The guy clearly has issues. Anyone who gets more upset about whether Katie Hokins is a Christian or not over some of the more overt racism that has been very evident on the Paris Massacre thread cleary has a warped sense of priorities. Oh, and it also appears now that I am an apologist for terrorism. As is often said over there, you couldnt make it up. I came over here to avoid the small band of twats like Hypo. It seems there is no escape from them. :lou_sad:

At first I was like hahaha look at tokyos pretending to be hypo. Then I was like hahaha everyone knows itā€™s not really hypo, but theyā€™re playing along, pretending to Believe, cos itā€™ll annoy real hypo when he finds out. Then I was like hmm, sadoldgit is taking it a bit far. Then i was like hahaha Iā€™m starting to think sadoldgit is True Believer. I could tell him, but maybe Iā€™m wrong, maybe sadoldgit is just playing, and in any case, itā€™s prob funny to let him run with it.

Now Iā€™m like, 'nough already. Itā€™s getting embarrassing :lou_sad:

1 Like

Not being funny, SOG, but part of the reason that I havenā€™t been particularly arsed about having hypo here is because he hasnā€™t been a particular arse over here, so much so that people are in open revolt over his identity.

Iā€™d always envisaged the Sotonians Beef Thread as being a spill-off for internecine conflicts that originated here, not necessarily a continuation of stuff that is already raging elsewhere.

I feel for you. Iā€™ve been in a similar spot to yourself over at TSW. Itā€™s not easy when dealing with a mob, so Iā€™ve respect for anyone brave enough to take them on. Thing is, they need taking to task there and I cannot see you getting any more sympathy because part of that conversation has shifted over here. If hypo was being his merry self over here, thereā€™d be no problem and I am certain that youā€™d enjoy some backup, but he isnā€™t. He has been fine, and typically, weā€™ve welcomed former foes with open arms.

My honest assessment of stuff over there is that even if you were 100% correct and made your points with perfect clarity, youā€™d still be ā€œwrongā€ and would still be attracting crap. Your choice, as far as I see it, is fight with them or donā€™t, but always keep that first point in mind. Iā€™m not telling you to stop. Iā€™m simply asking what point it serves, there or here.

2 Likes

fkoff pap ur just causing confusion. There is no way in World that Hypocondriac is hypocondriac. Itā€™s v.unkind to keep misleading sadoldgit in this fashion. It is clearly upsetting him. Be reasonable.

Ah bollocks, Bear. I think youā€™re all missing A Very Important Point (to borrow your idiosyncratic capitalisation for a bit). Hypo is a bit like the BBC in the sense that he normally dances to the tune of whichever group seems to be in power. Against the grain he does not go. Viewed in that context, not only do we have a contender, but we also have something by way of explanation.

I miss nothing. Real hypocondriac would never be seen posting on a frm run by pap. There is more chance that I am hypocondriac, than that Hypocondriac is hypocondriac.

2 Likes

Its a conspiracy plant by that fellow who wonā€™t look up from that film with Will Smith, the one where the dog watches the car go in the waterā€¦

Well, possibly. The alternative is that someone is pretending to be Hypo. I can look many things in the eye that others cannot, Bear. The hypo-pretender theory is one too far for me.

Meet him in a pub with your missus, that will sort itā€¦

6 Likes

hahahaha barry i love you :lou_lol:

I agree that this hypo has behaved himself here but I have seen signs in his recent posts that sound like TSW version recently which is what has made me think that they are one in the same. I wouldnt expect him to be excluded from here just because he is an arse over there. I am a big boy and if it ever got to the point where I didnt fancy sharing the same forum I would just back off.

As for what has gone on over there, I suppose I feel I can discuse it hear because most if not all of us came from there and know the characters and what goes on only to well so I feel I can share. I was on my own for a while there and did take some heavy flak, although for a while I had a couple of the characters on ignore so missed a lot of the crap. There were clearly a couple of Islamophobes on the thread in question and there seemed to be a few closet racists too. I found it interesting that a simple statement such as ā€œnot all Muslims are terroristsā€ would create so much of a stir and wondered why certain posters were getting wound up by that. Well I think now that many of the posters on that thread have shown their true colours now. It is also heatening to see a number of other posters picking up the cudgels and calling the phobics and racists on their behaviour. I think it also good now that you can clearly see where certain posters priorities lie and tha speaks volumes. You will know yourself that when you get some people twisting what you say or using transferance tactics and the like, it is hard to stay on track. It is so easy to get diverted but then that is exactly what they want. Hey, lets not deal with the real issues here but lets go off on inconsequential tangents and muddy the waters. If you dont go there you are ā€œrunning awayā€ and all of that crap. So despite what Katie Hopkins said about moderate Muslims after Paris the issue became was she a Christian or not. My bad for biting and I should have kept to her words. The fact that certain posters didnt condem them though seemed to say more than what played out on the thread. I agree that spats there shouldnt play out here, but when they get to a certain level and the other person is also at large here, it isnt easy to pretend that you are buddies. Whelk doesnt bother me but I have taken some real and unpleasant shit from hypo and Fry and I think it is interesting that they are happy to go after the moderates and leave the racists alone. You ask what point does it serve? Good question. I think, over time, things find their true level. If you follow that thread you can see how more people have been coming out in support of the non extreme Muslims and those who have an issue with Islam in general have become more obvious as well. It has moved on a lot since I was taking a kicking from the usual suspects so in that respect it has been worth it.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Meet him in a pub with your missus, that will sort itā€¦

It has worked before.

I openly have an issue with Islam if it is sexist, homophobic and racist (religion isnā€™t a person and this is where people get confused although heaven knows why), the same with all others religions that believe that as well, seems fair to me, you?