The 2016 close season transfers thread

I love the idea of a midfield hardman called Granit

4 Likes

As in stay in the EU?

Southampton and Watford interested and ‘about to make a bid’ for Jordon Ibe, to take the unhappy winger away from Anfield.

Perhaps he wants European football? Ha ha

4 Likes

The club officially announces the departure of three players.

Will Britt, a young goalie, is going.
Gaston Ramirez is departing the club.
Super Kelvin Davis is on his way too.

Klopp is apparently not a fan. You can never really tell how good Liverpool youngsters are because people lavish the fucking praise regardless. Any good?

I do like these signings from bigger clubs that work out well. They tend to know the grass is greenest at St Marys.

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

I assumed he’d be hanging around to be in charge of bantz or whatever, surprised if he is voted LEAVE

2 Likes

I had hoped that the club could find a job for SKD. He would make a great ambassador but I guess we have plenty of those already.

Leaves a big hole in the squad, doesn’t it? When one of the players is being interviewed, who will be in charge of creeping up behind and pinching his arse, or whatever? Harrison Reed? It just won’t be the same.

6 Likes

oh

more fkn lies from pap then :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

It’s a fair cop. Didn’t spot the text at the end. Bad, lying pap.

1 Like

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @pap

The club officially announces the departure of three players.

Will Britt, a young goalie, is going.
Gaston Ramirez is departing the club.

I think that it is imperative that he stays on. You cannot underestimate the influence he has at the club.

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I think that it is imperative that he stays on. You cannot underestimate the influence he has at the club.

“Cannot underestimate” never makes sense to me. Surely “Cannot overestimate” is more sense. Beltch, can you weigh in on this important issue pls.

Wanyama Ready To Snub Saints For Spurs

According to the latest reports Victor Wanyama has turned down a new 5 year deal at St Mary’s in the hope that Tottenham Hotspur come back in for him.

On his day Wanyama was a vital cog in the Saints team, the problem was that too many times last season it wasn’t his day as he was sat in the stands either suspended or sulking, this means that although it would be a blow to lose him, it would not be a terminal one given that we have others already at the club to step into the gap and our scouting network will already be looking at other options.

So if as it seems, that the Kenyan is determined to move from Saints then perhaps its about time that we let him do so and rake in the proceeds, as with the departure of Morgan Schneiderlin last year he will fetch a fee of £20 -25 million and that will go a long way to strengthening the squad.

if spurs do come in General Levy will lowball us srs. £12m max imo.

He always MBeats the price down.

1 Like

I’d be unhappy if be left for under £20m.

i would accept:

£28m from Spurs

£15m from Anyone Else

And if we don’t get it & he still won’t sign new contract, he can train on his own with no games for a year and then fk off on a Free for all i care RIP

2 Likes

omg that was such a saintsweb post

2 Likes

Not quite, a SW post would go -

_If we sell Wanyama it clearly shows we have no ambition, we are such a small club it’s cringeworthy, we might as well just shut the ground and all go home - _I’m returning my season ticket and moving abroad where I will be surrounded by foreigners, who I openly despise for no valid reason - thus allowing me to indulge my other hobby of thinly-veiled irrational racism.

_We should have appointed Hoddle, he’s been a roaring success everywhere since he left us. _

6 Likes