The 2016 close season transfers thread

he did it v.dangerously tho

also the ability to occassionally smash one in from 30 yds is entirely missing from saints squad srs, so there Is That (no disrespect to Cuco i have not forgotten you srs, but I think that was ur wayne thomas moment)

Originally posted by @Bearsy

he did it v.dangerously tho

Thinking about it, that was about 3 years ago now. Forget it, we will find someone we have never heard of and make him great! We have history.

1 Like

Loving the wrist slitting on TSW, on the 5 players want to leave thread. If you can’t enjoy this period in Saints history when the fuck are you ever going to be happy? Groups stages in Europa, can beat anyone on our day, playing nice football in a nice stadium with a solid and sustainable setup. How the hell people see that as a meltdown is beyond me.

4 Likes

This my favourite… I think they would, as I speak with Man U, Liverpool and Man City fans quite often up here and all of those apart from Pelle are firmly on the fans radar. Big Vic and Mane, big time.

As much as Pelle, Tadic, Mane and Wanyama have been good players for us, I can’t help thinking that if they all played for other teams this season none of them would be top of our HCDAJFU list.

At some point that forum will drown in its own piss.

9 Likes

Interesting article about Sevilla’s head of transfers - see a lot of similarities with Saints in this model…perhaps we can share in their success at some point!

I have sometimes wondered on the football content of late over there.

How are the “Shane Long is shite brigade”?

How are the “no team van ever break the top 4 cabal without £billions - to suggest otherwise is deluded”?

How are those that spent years mocking folk by suggesting they wanted us to sign Antonio (even if they hadn’t actually said that), 'coz he’d never cut it in the prem.

I consider going to have a look sometimes. But then realise that actually, I’d rather remove my knee caps with a rusty apple corer. I don’t miss that shit hole one dot.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

At some point that forum will drown in its own piss.

I was amused to read that their Registered Users are getting so much advertising sent to their screens that it is killing their browser sessions.

It’s so bad that holepuncture is almost as animated as he gets about brown people.

2 Likes

On the plus side I’m sure Steve Grant is all booked up for the Euros :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Wanyama asks to leave apparently.

And land the ball in row z mostly. Although more recently the ball did find itself in the net a few times so perhaps the law of averages is working itself out in one go?

I’d like Vic to stay but he was a liability at times last season and £25m will give us a tidy profit. It would be great to get Morgan back but cant see that happening but there are some decent DM out there who can pass so not the end of the world if he goes.

2 Likes

Might be exactly the right time to sell him. There’s no doubting his ability on the day, but how many of those does he get? When he’s not suspended for making stupid decisions, he has to be arsed, and if he’s asking to leave, he’s not arsed.

I wonder what sort of rep he’s got with the refereeing community after a few seasons of putting it about? Don’t even mind him going to Spurs. He could be precisely what they need should they ever be threatened with consistent competence again.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

In that article there is this bit:-

Arsenal have also been previously linked with Wanyama but are on the verge of completing the £30m signing of Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach.

and then this pops up on my twitter feed

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING: Arsenal sign midfielder Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach for undisclosed fee. # SSNHQ

and

OptaJoe@ OptaJoe 4m4 minutes ago

4 - Granit Xhaka was one of four players to receive three red cards last season in the big five leagues (Wanyama, Murillo, Devaux). Feisty.

To be honest I think we have a decent enough ready made replacement in Oreo, just need to find his understudy

I am at Clackett Services eating a Jacket Potato bc i am glueton free srs, and my sources are telling me Sadio Mane has voted STAY

My sources are Sun Newspaper, i like to read it while i eat my jacket potato

2 Likes

I didn’t know MacDonalds did jacket potatoes or have they stopped staff discounts after the “National Living wage” was increased!!

Originally posted by @BTripz

If we’re looking at these stats, I think Romeu may well be the better player…

1 Like

Said it before, I’ll say it again. Let’s just fuck Vic off.

He’s a cracking player when he wants to be, but his attitude this past season has been shite. Bar the Arsenal games & City (home) he’s just strolled around and looked (even more that usual) a red card waiting to happen.

The team doesn’t look noticably worse with Romeu - and the fee for Vic should help fund an adequate replacement. One that (hopefully) will not throw their toys out of the pram every damn summer.

It’s a shame, I was always a fan of the bloke - but nah. He’s not helping us much anymore.

5 Likes