:pl:⚽ SuperBru - Premier League Predictor 2020/21

After the Chelsea Brighton game no need to update @BTripz

1 Like

Round 32 - A stunning performance from our friend in Poland

So round 32 and it’s 10 matches has come and gone, TBH I thought there more than 10 matches this round but obviously not…

Anyway congrats to @Polski_Filip who, once again, dragged himself out of the pit of mediocrity to win this round quite convincingly

7 games predicted correctly, 3 exactly, go Philip wear your :chapeau_jeune: with pride.

Unfortunately the old man of the forum has let himself down this week and picks up yet another :wooden_spoon:, pipped at the post at the last minute by predicting that Leicester would lose to WBA, oh dear.

So with only a couple of rounds before the end of the season it looks like @Upsidedownsaint’s 15 point lead will be enough to see him crowned winner and gain entry to the SSL (Superbru Super League), unless of course it get’s disbanded…

Conversely, at the bottom of the league, it looks like my 11 point lead over @TheMightyOstrich might be enough to see me not humiliated like last year.

2 games down 1 person 1 result.

1 Like

This could be our worst set of results ever.

2 Likes

its not getting much better with only 1 game left

Well the final 2 little ducks were up and flying in the last game of the round,

Give me the wooden spoon then Bob.
How the hell did you score so many must be nearly the highest score ever ?

@BTripz
Is there an issue with the superbru site as the table above does not tally with my scores?

You get a bonus point for 5 predictions

Round 33 - Better late than never

So that was a bit shit wasn’t it, what happened? I know there were only 8 games and we were likely distracted by the League Carabao Cup Final but still…

Well done, and the :chapeau_jeune: to @DellBoy for managing to score 6 (six) whole points, from 4 close predictions… @lifeintheslowlane and @JxgrSaint miss out on the :chapeau_jeune: despite getting the same points they only had 3 predictions correct.

Poor old @Fatso bottoms out this week with his paltry 1 close result and gains the :wooden_spoon: , @PhilippineSaint misses out because his predictions were less bad than @fatso’s

Leaderboard - give the trophy to @Upsidedownsaint now I guess

Same as @Saint-or-sinner got in Round 17, he got his 17.5 with 8 out of 9 predictions, giving him 2 slam points, so I suppose you could say, technically, my score is higher as I got 16.5 without the slam point whilst @Saint-or-sinner got 15.5.

@Goatboy got 24 points in Round 19 from 15 games, with 12 outcomes predicted, if you pro-rata that down to 9 games then it’s only 14.4 points, so @Saint-or-sinner and I are technically the higher “per game” scorers…

I won’t even bother with @TheMightyOstrich’s 21.5 points from 17 games in Round 26.

@Sadoldgit’s 17.5 from 11 games in Round 27, 8 outcomes predicted, is worth an honourable mention as well I guess, but nothing more as, again, @Sadoldgit got 2 slam points…

Round 34 - @btripz does well

At last, they’ve updated the tables with the :chapeau_jeune: and :wooden_spoon: icons…

Yay, go me, where did I get that from? 4 exact, 3 close but only 1 slam point.

Not so good for @Polski_Filip who got 3 outcomes correct but it wasn’t enough, have another :wooden_spoon:

The board of the leader, @Upsidedownsaint still at the top

Seeing I dont have enough I came last badges yet, how about putting together a Euros League @BTripz?

Will give us something to do next month rather than moan about Hampshie/not signing Brandon Williams/some kid we never heard of.

Calling @Polski_Filip, if you don’t want another wooden spoon you’d better do something about Fulham v Burnley…

1 Like

:beers:
Cheers
Will still get it wrong!

Round 35 - :chapeau_jeune: defended

Well, well, this has got to be a turn up for the books, the second week that I havr secured the :chapeau_jeune: , something is definitely wrong with the alignment of the stars…

I only got 6 outcomes predicted correclty, which is pretty poor to be honest, especially as we had 15 games this week, still I suppose that’s better than poor old @Saint-or-sinner who only got 3 outcomes correct and wins this week :wooden_spoon:

Only change of note in the leader board is me swapping places with @Polski_Filip, although we have the same score I think my predictions have been more correct than his, who knows

3 rounds left, and don’t forget the :uefa_logo::soccer: Superbru - Euro 2020 Predictor - Football - Sotonians

well I’m on the backfoot already, at least none of you other buggers got it close…

1 Like

Oooh.
Polski gets 2 out of last 3 exact and jumps above @b again!

Round 36 - Back to type

So Round 36 comes and Round 36 goes and @Btripz reverts to type, my predictions were that bad that I’ve snatched that pesky :wooden_spoon: with both hands and I’ll doubt if I’ll let it go before the season ends.

@lifeintheslowlane grabs yet another :chapeau_jeune: with his 7 correct outcomes out of 8, 2 more than @Polski_Filip, @DellBoy also predicted 7 outcomes but he was less accurate than @lifeintheslowlane.

Leaderboard, meh don’t need to see it really, @lifeintheslowlane and @PhilippineSaint swap places, as do I and @Polski_Filip

I think @Upsidedownsaint needs to go on a re-orientation course :-

2 Likes