:pl:⚽ SuperBru - Premier League Predictor 2020/21

Give me the wooden spoon then Bob.
How the hell did you score so many must be nearly the highest score ever ?

@BTripz
Is there an issue with the superbru site as the table above does not tally with my scores?

You get a bonus point for 5 predictions

Round 33 - Better late than never

So that was a bit shit wasn’t it, what happened? I know there were only 8 games and we were likely distracted by the League Carabao Cup Final but still…

Well done, and the :chapeau_jeune: to @DellBoy for managing to score 6 (six) whole points, from 4 close predictions… @lifeintheslowlane and @JxgrSaint miss out on the :chapeau_jeune: despite getting the same points they only had 3 predictions correct.

Poor old @Fatso bottoms out this week with his paltry 1 close result and gains the :wooden_spoon: , @PhilippineSaint misses out because his predictions were less bad than @fatso’s

Leaderboard - give the trophy to @Upsidedownsaint now I guess

Same as @Saint-or-sinner got in Round 17, he got his 17.5 with 8 out of 9 predictions, giving him 2 slam points, so I suppose you could say, technically, my score is higher as I got 16.5 without the slam point whilst @Saint-or-sinner got 15.5.

@Goatboy got 24 points in Round 19 from 15 games, with 12 outcomes predicted, if you pro-rata that down to 9 games then it’s only 14.4 points, so @Saint-or-sinner and I are technically the higher “per game” scorers…

I won’t even bother with @TheMightyOstrich’s 21.5 points from 17 games in Round 26.

@Sadoldgit’s 17.5 from 11 games in Round 27, 8 outcomes predicted, is worth an honourable mention as well I guess, but nothing more as, again, @Sadoldgit got 2 slam points…

Round 34 - @btripz does well

At last, they’ve updated the tables with the :chapeau_jeune: and :wooden_spoon: icons…

Yay, go me, where did I get that from? 4 exact, 3 close but only 1 slam point.

Not so good for @Polski_Filip who got 3 outcomes correct but it wasn’t enough, have another :wooden_spoon:

The board of the leader, @Upsidedownsaint still at the top

Seeing I dont have enough I came last badges yet, how about putting together a Euros League @BTripz?

Will give us something to do next month rather than moan about Hampshie/not signing Brandon Williams/some kid we never heard of.

Calling @Polski_Filip, if you don’t want another wooden spoon you’d better do something about Fulham v Burnley…

1 Like

:beers:
Cheers
Will still get it wrong!

Round 35 - :chapeau_jeune: defended

Well, well, this has got to be a turn up for the books, the second week that I havr secured the :chapeau_jeune: , something is definitely wrong with the alignment of the stars…

I only got 6 outcomes predicted correclty, which is pretty poor to be honest, especially as we had 15 games this week, still I suppose that’s better than poor old @Saint-or-sinner who only got 3 outcomes correct and wins this week :wooden_spoon:

Only change of note in the leader board is me swapping places with @Polski_Filip, although we have the same score I think my predictions have been more correct than his, who knows

3 rounds left, and don’t forget the :uefa_logo::soccer: Superbru - Euro 2020 Predictor - Football - Sotonians

well I’m on the backfoot already, at least none of you other buggers got it close…

1 Like

Oooh.
Polski gets 2 out of last 3 exact and jumps above @b again!

Round 36 - Back to type

So Round 36 comes and Round 36 goes and @Btripz reverts to type, my predictions were that bad that I’ve snatched that pesky :wooden_spoon: with both hands and I’ll doubt if I’ll let it go before the season ends.

@lifeintheslowlane grabs yet another :chapeau_jeune: with his 7 correct outcomes out of 8, 2 more than @Polski_Filip, @DellBoy also predicted 7 outcomes but he was less accurate than @lifeintheslowlane.

Leaderboard, meh don’t need to see it really, @lifeintheslowlane and @PhilippineSaint swap places, as do I and @Polski_Filip

I think @Upsidedownsaint needs to go on a re-orientation course :-

2 Likes

Don’t worry I’ve gone for another loss tomorrow. Ever the realist

1 Like

Round 37 - A Shared :chapeau_jeune:

So penultimate round of the season and the Fifth Columnist @Upsidedownsaint get’s his umpteenth :chapeau_jeune: of the season, although he has to share it with @Saint-or-sinner both amassing 14 points, @Upsidedownsaint’s came from 7 correct outcomes, @Saint-or-sinner’s from 6.

Obviously offshore life doesn’t suit @PhilippineSaint and he picks up yet another :wooden_spoon: with a pretty poor 4.5 pts.

Leaderboard is as leaderboard does however @Sadoldgit has overtaken @JxgrSaint into 2nd place

1 Like

Round 38 - The Last Round

Well done to @Fatso who storms this week’s round, maybe he’ll wander back tot he forum to accept his :chapeau_jeune:, 6 outcomes predicted, 3 spot on.

Another silent forum member, @Saint-or-sinner receives this week’s :wooden_spoon:, 4 outcomes predicted but not very well…

Final Leaderboard

Well done to @Upsidedownsaint who proved to be the Man City of this year’s competition, not doing very well at the start but consolidated throughout the season…badge incoming

Commiseration to the @TheMightyOstrich who finishes in last place, losing to me is quite the achievement.

I also put together a leaderboard for the last 4 games, just for fun, well done to @Sadoldgit for winning this mini-league…

I left my ‘surge’ too late. Luckily I performed so much better in the Fantasy Football :lying_face:

1 Like

Yeah @BTripz.
Time for an FPL wrap up.

I was shit but then worked it out & was in the top 40% in May.
At one point I was 19,742 on a game day!
After 3 games obv.