🖖 Star Trek returning to small screens :starfleet:

Self-control??

LOL

What’s that? :smiley:

Yeah, got back from Pub Quiz Night last night and had to restart and rewind a few times as kept falling asleep.

Gave up and am watching tonight…

“Do you want my ganglia?”

1 Like

Just finished watching in my lunch break, restraint what restraint :lou_lol:

Holy Fuck!!! that is all…

2 Likes
1 Like

I do not believe in No Win situations.

Time to get Sari to do the pre match talks.

Fuck me only 45 minutes? I’m drained.

Before Pap does his spoilers, what is the next adjective 5 levels above Epic?

1 Like

Surgh webqu’meH nov Sumqu’

:lou_wink:

Just caught it for the first time. I can see myself watching it again, soon, perhaps tonight.

Stirring stuff. There was no cold open in this episode, credits then one big block of story. What a block it was. This episode felt more like Star Wars than Star Trek in places, something that the JJ Abrams movies definitely had a whiff of. However, it also has Saru giving a speech that’ll have your Trek buds positively tingling.

Won’t spoil much, except to say that the ending genuinely surprised me, and yes Phil, it was epic.

2 Likes

O

M

G

That is all…

There can be no better “review” than when Mrs D_P says

fucking hell

at the end of a TV show episode

To be fair, I’ve said that at the end of every Star Trek episode I’ve ever watched, but I’m guessing the context is different. :wink:

4 Likes

Those were Star Trek shows mate.this is way beyond that.

And tbd5 first 7 or 8 of this series showed exciting promise to us trekked but since the mid season break just a different level.

No doubt S2 will go back on Canon can’ see the Terran fascists link lasting long now

but but we can now have alternative timeline shit.

If you weren’t confused before you can be now…

You are wrong.

We actually have 2 timeline shifts which in fact could be 4 when you add in Kelvin timeline …

I’ going for Georgiou beating all the Klingons via a new source of spores from a happy Tardigard and mega torpedoes.

Spores have to be unavailable in 10 years or crashes with Prime timeline. They are infected but Stammets said they were recovering. So I think the Tardi will make a deal these and no more or something. Probably in a clearing in a forest. With some teddy bear type creatures with sticks and a dustbin on wheels

Fuck I managed that without any beers

I also think my head will now explode

1 Like

I’ve not watched it twice yet, but I am doing **Cob spoilers ** now. They’re not actually spoilers. You can’t spoil something that has been aired. If I went into work and said “I’ve got some hot spoiler Discovery shit”, and discussed last night’s episode, they would probably think I’d lost a week in time.

I loved that Burnham grabbed Georgiou at the appropriate moment, dragging her arse kicking Emperor incarnation into a Prime Universe that could probably do with an arse kicking human right now.

The bit that genuinely surprised me was the Klingon takeover of the Alpha Quadrant. It’s not that it isn’t feasible; the last time we saw Discovery in the Prime Universe it was on a mission to detect Klingon cloaking technology, something proving decisive in encounters. Before that, it was plainly obvious that the Discovery’s unique propulsion system was one of the few things keeping the Federation in the game.

The information didn’t get through and Discovery hasn’t been there for nine months.

I hope they don’t do a time travel plot to resolve this, although I think that could well be on the cards. The mycellium network apparently allows forward travel through time. Voyage Home well and truly established the precedent. Enterprise damn near beat it to death in its early seasons. So time travel is a thing, Discovery can do it, and the writers could use that device to solve it.

The reason I hope they don’t is because the Klingon War hasn’t really been covered much on screen, and while I am certain that there are plenty of poindexters that have consumed tomes of extended universe novelshite that may get fucking lanced with the Klingons damn near winning the thing, I don’t think there is much in the filmed Star Trek universe that contradicts this notion, and there is much of that situation that they could use as a fulcrum which could go on to explain the steadfast solidarity of the Federation we all know and love.

They have all the players they need to see this shit out. The phoenix Burnham, arisen from the ashes. Saru, the acting Captain, embodiment of Federation values, once asking a computer to assess his performance, now inspiring his crew to beat a no win scenario, just as Kirk would. In less able hands, this sort of shit can, and has, come off as lip service. Saru earned the right to say those words; it has been building all season. Emperor Georgiou, who may well know a few things about alien race tech, and certainly knows how to kick their fucking faces off. Stamets, initially portrayed as a complete dickhead, growing on you like the fungus he loves so much. Finally, and we didn’t see them this week, but you might think that L’Renn and Tyler _might _be handy in a war against the Klingons.

2 Likes

Bastard @pap

I know I shouldn’t read the spoilers but tbf I’ve usually had a couple of shandies before watching so it doesn’t matter

:lou_lol:

1 Like

After Trek again good value.

Shakespearean tragedy influences Lorca/Burnham

And amazingly Die Hard

Oh and showed a huge moment from next week

But unlike Pap I won’ mention Sarek & Admiral Cornwell

Enterprise, the unfinished business and Disco.

A decent read