Bloody Paps Web. This is now the 3rd time I’ve typed this. So I’m putting it on word then cut & pasting in case it goes boobs up again!
I thought Pap was the Uber Tekkie Geek, but reading his posts on this thread seems I was wrong. Back last year when I was up for a part in the new movie I got followed on Twitter by @TrekCore. I actually thought they were Pap tbh, I mean they Tweet stuff about 10 times a day, birthdays of ex cast members, pictures of Denise Crosby, Behind the scenes stuff about old models of The Enterprise being restored, stuff about new DVD releases and stuff.
So, for months now they have been leading discussions about the new series being on PPV Streaming sites and have put some interesting perspective into it.
The NEW world will be online TV, just maybe ITV hasn’t woken up to that yet. CBS like all other legacy Broadcasters NEEDS to have a viable Online Platform or they could become a Dinosaur. Star Trek is not actually about “bringing back the TV Show for us fans” it is actually a very clever vehicle to LEAD their penetration of and fight against other OnLine Providers (eg Netflicks, Amazon TV & Hulu)
I mentioned on another thread how Hulu have Stephen King, JJ Abrams, James Franco & Josh Duchamel leading their charge with 11.22.63, well, Star Trek is the CBS version.
In fact, in THAT perspective it makes one :snork: to understand that Amazon TV are relying on Clarkson & Co! J
So first thing that we can guarantee, NOBODY is going to be allowed to fvck up the return of Star Trek to TV, the show HAS to attract ALL Trekkies, old and new as it is the spearhead of a charge into a MultiBILLION dollar market place. (One which tbf the BBC & UK Gov are kind of understanding with the proposed changes to the Beebs charter, just that like everything it’s being viewed in the scope of a “UK Market” only not what COULD be done in a global streaming world)
So back to the Series. The Trek Core guys actually have a web site and post stuff very regularly and it IS worth following (if only for pics of Denise)
As for the NEW SHOW – here is DP’s EXCLUSIVE cut & paste teaser “The Undiscovered Country” – You read it here first!
“Nicholas Meyer Says 2017 STAR TREK Show Will Go “In a Different Direction” In New Interview
Posted March 1, 2016
In a brief new interview with Den of Geek today, returning Star Trek favorite Nicholas Meyer spoke a bit about the upcoming 2017 Trek series, to which he will be joining showrunner Bryan Fuller as a writer and contributing producer.
About his role in the new show:
"I can’t tell you anything! I know things. But if I told you, I’d have to kill you.
If I’m lucky, I’ll get to write episodes. If I’m less lucky, I’ll just get to sit in that room with all those other clever people… I’m waiting for them to tell me [when to go to work]!
I’m hoping the reason I was invited to do this was connected to — presumably — something I would have to offer. Whether that is the case, or whether it’s recognized when it happens remains to be seen. I’m not a silver bullet."
On the nature of the new series’ story opportunities:
"I think it’s going to be a different ‘Star Trek.’ It will go in a different direction. And I think that is probably good.
Because the thing that mainly troubles me about ‘Star Trek’ is the fear of it being maybe re-treads of itself. And to the degree that I had any influence on the [franchise] at all was that at least while I was there, we were fooling around. And if you’re not fooling around, then things can become stale.
I think that Bryan [Fuller] — who is a very clever fellow — has ideas — some of which I’ve heard—that are innovative and different. Different is what got me interested.
Meyer did have one cryptic thing to say about the “taking-off point” of the new show’s narrative, but he cautious about any specifics:
“The one thing I can relate to you is that ‘The Undiscovered Country’ — according to Bryan — is a real sort of taking off point, or touchstone for how I guess he’s thinking about the direction of the new show. I don’t want to be misquoted and I don’t want to misquote him, but he’s fond of that film. Let’s put it that way.”
Of course, that last statement will surely set off an explosion of speculation and assumptions about the direction the new series may take – anything from filling in the sixty years between Star Trek VI and the launch of the Enteprise-D in “Encounter at Farpoint” – but Meyer was obviously being careful to stay ambiguous before anything solid has been set in place.”
Link to above : http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/03/nicholas-meyer-says-2017-star-trek-show-will-go-in-a-different-direction-in-new-interview/
Link to Trek Core Web Site: http://trekcore.com/