šŸŽ‚ Sotonians milestones

Iā€™ve just seen her and made this claim about embarrassing comments.

She is as unimpressed as you on the matter, claiming that they were ā€œpretty normalā€.

With a foot like that, sheā€™ll be playing football like her stepdad.

Many congratulations to Anna and good luck for the future.

2 Likes

Tommy Mulgrew , Ken Wimshurst, Dick Connor, John Page, Bob Charles etcā€¦lots of the players i grew up watching.

Many playing for that team up in the skyā€¦God Bless. :innocent:

Yep Ken Wimshurst took the express lift last weekā€¦RIP. :lou_sad:

1 Like

I am one Sotonians year old today.

Sounds like a good excuse to get drunk tonight !!

5 Likes

Do recount your tales on the ā€œIā€™m fucked out of my face on a Friday nightā€ thread!!

All gory details welcome

1 Like

At Young Adult #1ā€™s graduation.

Simultaneously more fun and more annoying than a wedding.

5 Likes

Forgot to mention an amusing encounter. As Iā€™m nicking the free wine at the graduation ceremony, there is a lady wearing red robes, reserved for those that have done PhDs.

I say ā€œcongratulations, Doctorā€

Beaming, she says thank you.

ā€œI bet that never gets oldā€, I say.

ā€œNo it doesnā€™t. Iā€™ve been sending letters to myself for the past two weeks!ā€

Fair play. I suspect I would as well.

2 Likes

Maybe they should introduce those ticket systems that you get in argos

Go to the pub - keep an eye on the screen , as your kids number appears, nip across to the auditorium, watch them walk across the stage, back to the pub and meet them afterwards.

8 Likes

It wasnā€™t that bad. One of Young Adult #1ā€™s mates was an Olympian, so seeing her was fun. Evelyn Welch (Florence Welch, of Florence and the Machineā€™s mum) got a fellowship. Florence was in the second row. We had to wait a lot. Photos.

Mostly, I clapped like a seal.

Met Young Adult #1ā€™s boyf for the second time. Heā€™s a nice lad, who knows his DS9.

Young Adult#1 has just got her A level grades and confirmation of her 1st choice place at Exeter Uni.

She worked bloody hard and was pretty stressed at exam time.

Mrs C_S and self are really chuffed for her.

:lou_lol:

8 Likes

Congrats Cobham.

On the subject of Uniā€™s, I heard this morning that there are a glut of places available due to the cost of fees and the popularity of apprenticeships.

There are going to be some chancellors wondering how they are going to pay for the brand new buildings they spent out on when the they thought the fees gravy train was here to stay.

Perhaps theyā€™ll get a Government Grant to prop them up. :lou_wink_2:

Both my kids are now adults.

2 Likes

And no doubt still costing you a fortune

:lou_wink_2:

I asked young adult unit #2 whether the invoice had arrived, the one that her mother and I have been painstakingly itemising since her birth.

Apparently it has not arrived :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Iā€™ve still not received the one from my parents. The taxi bill will be extortionate. Last used a few months ago- Winchester to Southampton trip.

A PM from Rallyboy reminded me that I havenā€™t provided an update on my work status. Which may mean little to the siteā€™s general populous, but I thought the matchday meetup crew might like to know.

As of last week, Iā€™m employed in the role of Digital Designer at FatFace. Yay!

Which means that while we still have some pretty shaky finances to sort in the coming months, we can at least keep the house. :cool:

8 Likes

The girl starts at Soton Uni on the day of the United game

Iā€™ve told her where the Rockstone is - no doubt sheā€™ll be turning up for food and cash on match days

4 Likes

Told ya it would all work out :lou_wink_2: