šŸŽ‚ Sotonians milestones

Always thought she was a Norf Lundun gal tbh.

I donā€™t follow popular beat combo music much these days.

Is she famous or something?

Didnā€™t she sing something about umbrellas, Singing In The Rain, or something like that?

I donā€™t think Iā€™d know her if she sang at a Karaoke bar or the title of any of her songs.

1 Like

She ainā€™t spinning around that pole.

When I close my eyes she is.

1 Like

Naked?

Asking for a friend like :lou_eyes_to_sky:

No, Iā€™ve got my dressing gown on.

5 Likes

So after @Goatboy saying the Enmore and me saying the Versailles, Iā€™ve gone for the Port Morant(more in the bottle, so no real choice).
Iā€™m now going to do an honest review(with @lifeintheslowlane in mind).
So first thoughts: fuck that was expensive(iā€™m as big a mug as anyone).
Packaging looks good, but being honest iā€™d rather it was cheaper and in a plain bottle.
First taste. Oh, thatā€™s weird, it tastes like iā€™ve brought up a bit of sick(iā€™m not joking).
Itā€™s a bit like tasting fish sauce, when the closest youā€™ve been to these flavours is a supermarket battered cod(it cost a lot, iā€™m going to defend it, ok).
So i got past the weird bit(second glass) and iā€™ve got to be honest, itā€™s beyond me to describe. Best iā€™ve got, is the earthiest rum iā€™ve had. Loads going on, but not the grassy kind @Goatboy
A similar after taste to an excellent peat whisky, which is a wonderful thing. Itā€™s quite a weird but ultimately enjoyable drink.
At the price, i wouldnā€™t bother, unless itā€™s something you really want to try(itā€™s getting better with every sip), but is a special drink ,if you can get past the initial taste of your own vomit, but that means thereā€™s probably something wrong with you.
Iā€™m off to think about that last sentence(and finish the bottle).

3 Likes

Think you just described our Bullfrogs at Rock Bottom there.
Iā€™ll miss those.
But wonā€™t miss the morning afters

1 Like

Last day of work in my current team. Going to miss them as we had a great bunch, weā€™d helped each other out and also had lots of laughs. My manager although sad to see me go encouraged me to go for a job Iā€™d be happier in. I even got a big hug and a kiss on the cheek from him!
I have a week and a bit off and then I will be in the team sending them work. Ek. Hopefully they wonā€™t hate me then!

8 Likes

Insignificant in the context of global events and forum life, but in the context of what should happen this year personally, a pretty major step
Yep, I just cooked my 1st Bacon & Egg sarnie here in Poland.

Tomorrow hopefully viewing somewhere to rent, bloody growing City, places to rent are like clean sheets for Saints, not an easy job finding anything!

1 Like

Most people cook bacon and egg sarnies far earlier in life :smiley:

Still, better late than pregnant.

1 Like

Its a bit late for breakfast ?

Ok you got me. Mrs D_P was out, told me to fix my own lunch. I couldnā€™t face Chicken Soup againā€¦

did my first day in the new job. Lots of just sitting there and watching. They may want me to actually do work tomorrow. I have lots of questions about processes and wondering when I am able to start suggesting some changesā€¦

2 Likes

Suggesting changes deffinately 2nd day on the job wait for the ā€œ but we always do it this wayā€

ā€œYes not the right way is the replyā€

2 Likes

Yes I was always asking stuff in old job and always told thatā€™s how we do it.
I just want to do less unnecessary work. Already seen loads of stuff that shouldnā€™t be recorded and wastes time.

New eyes in a new job if your in charge tell them what you would like them to do, If they dont comply tell them its my way or the highway

1 Like

For the next 4cweeks I will be Dubish Phil.
Yep, after a hugely stressful 3 days chasing shadows & viewing shitholes we have finally found and rented a place. Not perfect but itā€™s modern, warm 300m from a bus stop in a village between the in-laws & the airport in the western side of Krakow.
About 4 weeks until we get everything sorted, but such a relief.
Now to get some business going.
Oh and after 2 years of construction & dust, THIS is the view.

The stress was I need to be registered at an address by 19th March and not finding somewhere on this trip could have caused nightmares 're residency.

Stolat!

8 Likes

Nice. Good luck Phil. Now get the fucking guest room ready.

2 Likes