šŸ”ˆ Site announcement: Things that we think you should know

Well if you think I am calling you a cunt, then I am.

If you donā€™t think I am calling you a cunt, then you are.

:lou_wink:

1 Like

@cuntyhead

Pap, is this working?

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

@cuntyhead

Pap, is this working?

It relies on you typing someoneā€™s actual username, Chertsey.

I donā€™t think we have a user that goes by that moniker.

Officially.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

@cuntyhead

Pap, is this working?

Nomination for end of season name change?

1 Like

Think Trump is leading that for you atm

I quite like a red/ pink box @goatboy

1 Like

Meh, weā€™ve only just started with this lark, and given that most people are not self-referencing, I am unsure how itā€™s an ego trip, @goatboy .

I suppose I just donā€™t see the point ATM. :lou_wink_2:

Why would anyone want to be directed to a profile?

And it makes the posts annoying to read imho.

Maybe Iā€™ll get used to it.

4 Likes

@#WeMarchOn - Why is this not a tag?

@#Risethebar - nope nothing.

@sfcsim - yay, nah donā€™t like it.

@pap ver his head

@btripz t it

@hot-boobs

1 Like

@goatboy get it! Oooo this fun now!

@weamthemod MarchOn

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

@btripz t it

@philippinesaint

2 Likes

I dont think any of you actually got it apart from Btripz :lou_lol:

Well done @btripz

So the red / pink thing works if I reply, but not when I type a name e.g. @Goatboy

Is that a good thing?

Bored nowā€¦ mmmmm must be dinner time

1 Like

Testā€¦

@saintbletch

@saintbletch

If the impression youā€™ve formed is that this is only a link to a profile, then I can understand the sense of being underwhelmed. I understand that from a readerā€™s point of view, thatā€™s all it is right now.

Underneath the surface, things are already happening. Every time someone gets mentioned, we record :-

1. Who mentioned them.
  2. Where they were mentioned.
  3. What they were mentioned as.

Youā€™re not seeing any evidence of that yet, but itā€™s happening. Here a few ideas that we can already leverage based on 1), 2) and 3).

1. and 2) are just going to feed a notifications engine. When people re-log, the site will tell them that theyā€™ve been mentioned, providing links to all the posts where they were mentioned. I can already think of immediate practical uses for that. Weā€™ve presently got a thread on the go for people that need Wembley tickets. With mentions and the forthcoming notification system, someone could say ā€œhey @krg_ - I have a ticket for you and my cock out!ā€.

2. will drive a lot of the fun around here. I knew up front that people would try to fuck with the names, so rather than resist that, I thought Iā€™d capitalise on it. So when I refer to my co-mod as a @saintbletch -that gets recorded as something he gets called. Later on, weā€™ll be able to do fun charts which show peopleā€™s nicknames.

3 Likes