Should the rich pay for your kid's free lunch?

I even slapped one of them up.

I was chilling in Lab B with Chris, one of my state educated chums.

He gets a message from “Bret” (not his real name) who claims “Hur hur! I’m going to write a password grabber and hack my fellow students”.

I send him an email saying “Password grabber? You couldn’t even print your name on the screen, you soft-arsed public school bag of shite”.

Ten minutes later, he arrives in Lab B, swinging his arms about like Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones Diary.

A minute later, he’s stowed and bleeding.

Two hours later, I have to explain to ms pap that the marks on my necks are not love bites, and do in fact, represent the most ferocious attack my opponent could muster on me - scratching my neck as he was getting pummeled.

1 Like

I’d be happy just having my dick tickled

5 Likes

Can’t reach it with your own hands anymore?

1 Like

Bret was yr 8 at best imo.

1 Like

The best thing about Bret was that when I said that wasn’t his real name, I wasn’t changing anything to protect the guilty.

It wasn’t his name. That’s just what he called himself.

I think the epic contest with TSW’s Batman grew out of this :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Will you try and get it backdated?

1 Like

The newest food would be from 2011.

No.

6 pages and the only thing i didn’t already know, is that @barry-sanchez is sending his kids private.

@steveintheforest and @mrtrampoline seemed the most sensible, until @stickywhitedovepiss came along and blew all other comments away, whilst apparently getting blown himself.

Personally, if you send your kids private, you have no right to complain. Privately educated kids struggle more in uni than state educated, once all the extra help they are used to is taken away(this has been proven), so you’re spending your money to get them talking nicely and the near guarantee, that one of their old mates will get them in a decent job(again, this has been proven). There is also the integration into normal society that they struggle so badly with. This is understandable, as it must be quite the kick in the teeth, to find out that, in fact you are no better than anyone else, despite the years that you have it drummed into you that you are(this may have something to do with all the cronyism that they practice). On the plus side, you won’t be turned away from city jobs because of your accent(that’s it, accent/undeserved job. No other pluses).

Private education is no more than an attempt to buy your childrens futures for them. Only an embarrassed tory would deny that. It’s the glue that holds our hideous class system together.

3 Likes

Quiet!

For what its worth, I wouldn’t dare to judge you for going private as a teacher. I wouldn’t have wanted any of the recent Education Minister for a boss. When I did my teacher try out visit, I could see how fucking stressed all the teachers were. Big class sizes, heavy workload.

Go have a few years off. You can come back during Jeremy’s Glorious Revolution of Funding :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Total and utter bollocks again based on niave and ill informed prejudices… ’ privately educated kids struggle more at Un i…’ typical trolling bomb … but only 2/10 effort, 1/10 for style

1 Like

School dinners are tinned, you’ll be fine. Same rules apply, don’t eat the vol-au-vents.

Totally and utterly true. Here’s the first thing that comes up, if you look before calling something bollocks. There’s a whole load more if you could be bothered to look.

Want to deny the cronyism as well?

0/10. Can I assume you were privately educated with that blinkered view? Does this mean all your earlier attempts to justify it are just trolling bollocks? Tell me what else i got wrong(or is that right)?

You’re far to touchy about this subject to get anyone to believe that you think it’s right.

I deliberately started it with “personally” in the hope that it wouldn’t turn into a personal attack. Well done for ignoring that bit.

There is no such thing as the centre left. That’s just people that can’t admit they are selfish tories.

Interesting, and some of the reasoning looks very sound, especially about the effect of tutors doing long term damage.

When I got to Uni, I was surprised at how little there was of it in terms of tuition. Sure, you had what were called tutorials, but those were only for when you hadn’t grasped the main points during the lecture. I used them quite a bit on the maths, formal specification and calculus stuff - but didn’t bother otherwise.

By the third year, I’d realised that LJMU favoured decent research staff over coherent lecturers. I went to a third of my lectures, just read the books for the rest.

University marks the end of spoon feeding and the start of independent thinking, and your success is largely determined by how much you apply yourself.

I remember going to one mush’s place. He was a public schoolboy, and was the man to see if you wanted PC software. Lived on a really shitty main road with bars on the windows, but his place was done out like a student palace. Pool table. Tons of networked PCs. He got a third.

How much is your tax Mir Piss and why the low birth rate?

He’s given you a fair few clues Barry.

If a mythical man can, why can’t you?

What happened to delete?

I have fucked up and can’t hide it. Edit/quote are far to close, or i may be pissed early. Let’s go with pissed, it’s the better option.

I went uni with somebody who went an independent school who got a first.

1 Like

I also went to uni with somebody from a state school who got a first. Weird.

1 Like

Check the article, @thecholulakid

State kids with one A* at A level more likely to get a first than kid from independent school.

There are going to be motivated kids everywhere, sure, but if ma and pa can keep you in Uni forever, that could be an incentive to slack off.