School Photographs

‘‘Tuck your shirt in boy!’’

Oh. I thought that was pap.

1 Like

This is not fair…you bloody long-haired louts had it easy in the '70s. If my hair showed any sign of touching my ears in the '60s I was likely to be soundly beaten. Corporal punishment was dished out summarily for any minor misdemeanour…bastards!

2 Likes

It looks like Sherbet taking a break from their UK tour, sitting on Grantham Green, rolling a big ol’ fat one whilst the packet of (extra long) rizzlas gets blown in in the wind…

Do svidaniya leto, Flyd!

1 Like

It most certainly is. Tennyson Road, just outside the college, having a fag.

Well, I was the gutarist in the truly brilliant* Sinus Trouble around that time.

*We may not have actually been all that brilliant. We were noisy though.

My nan lived less than 50 yards from that spot. Top of Locksley Rd.

See there you go - a name like Sinus Trouble, meant you were dooomed never to be famous…

When I was first at Barton Peveril, in 1971, I was constantly being told to get my hair cut. By the time I did my ‘O’ Levels many if not most of the boys had long hair, and the teachers had stopped bothering about it.

There was a lot of corporal punishment in the early 70s, particularly from the older teachers.

Also, is that where Basil used to park his car?

1 Like

FFS Fowllyd, how did you not make it in the late 70s? The musical bar to clear was the fucking Pistols, man!

What is more worrisome Bletchy is that you a) already had this ‘interesting band’ in your conciousness or b) actally spent time trying to find something like this on you tube… :lou_surprised:

3 Likes

Indeed. By their browser histories shall ye know them, as it says in some book or other of the Bible.

lifeintheslowlane - many thanks for starting this thread. We’ve had a dark few days to deal with. This has provided some much needed levity.

I’m just glad intiniki no longer has any pictures of my cock. Allegedly. I asked her to send any remaining evidence via snail mail*, and she claimed that she did, but when it did not arrive, she claimed it “must have been so small the postman lost it”, a theory that ms pap so heartily endorsed that it is now the truth with these bitches.

I fear I’ll never know it.

* EDIT: I feel duty bound to point out that these were “pap taking pictures of own cock with intiniki’s commandeered camera” and not “snaps from hot orgy”. Apparently the staff at whatever place she got the photos developed agreed with her and ms pap’s assessment, given their failure to spot “the obscenity”.

4 Likes

Our work was suppressed for political reasons.*

*Or something.

1 Like

Chromicles II

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Originally posted by @saintbletch

It looks like Sherbet taking a break from their UK tour, sitting on Grantham Green, rolling a big ol’ fat one whilst the packet of (extra long) rizzlas gets blown in in the wind…

Do svidaniya leto, Flyd!

What is more worrisome Bletchy is that you a) already had this ‘interesting band’ in your conciousness or b) actally spent time trying to find something like this on you tube… :lou_surprised:

Indeed. By their browser histories shall ye know them, as it says in some book or other of the Bible.

Chromicles II

Yeah that’s the one - Bob Dylan wrote it I think.

1 Like

I like the musical angle, even though I don’t have overly fond memories of music at the time.

What do you expect? We lived in the vapid age of Stock, Aitken and Waterman, the progenitors for a lot of the facile shit that we have now. I can’t really claim too much self-propelled musical credibility. My mate gave me a tape with Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet and about half of New Jersey. I make no apologies. That’s what those bands are there for, to get you into the world of rock, and you know they work because you’ll see a bar full of people belting out “Living on a Prayer” even if they don’t know any other rock songs.

Quickly got into other bands like G’N’R, Metallica, and of course, Maiden (the ideal mind-fodder for any 14 year old kid). I also played a lot of AD&D and GURPS at the time. A key turning point was getting a CD player at age 15, and a fuckload of old CDs including Zeppelin, Hendrix, Stones, ZZ Top, and AC/DC. At 16, most of the stuff I was listening to was made before I was born.

Spinning back a bit, got to mention Donington 1990 again. We were fifteen, and while us Flower Estate types had all got consent to go from our parents with relative ease, one of our middle class mates was resolutely not allowed to. His mother ran quite a tight rule over the house, and expressly forbade it. He got up at five in the morning, leaving a note.

“Popping out for some milk”

Gets back, 23 hours later.

“How was Donington, son?”

Originally posted by @Fatso

Originally posted by @Intiniki

I nearly shared that non uniform day photo. Man in drag was our art teacher.

Is that Tim Barclay?

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Originally posted by @Fatso

Originally posted by @Intiniki

I nearly shared that non uniform day photo. Man in drag was our art teacher.

Is that Tim Barclay?

Yeah, our art teacher.