School Photographs

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Originally posted by @Fatso

Originally posted by @Intiniki

I nearly shared that non uniform day photo. Man in drag was our art teacher.

Oh. I thought that was pap.

Is that Tim Barclay?

Yeah, our art teacher.

Old drinking mate of mine. Haven’t seen him for a few years, but will be showing that photo to a few mutual friends.

He was only my teacher for my first year at Cantell, iirc - but that pic was taken in my final year. Top bloke, stuck up for the kids in the face of other teachers. That will probably not surprise you.

This is all true. I may have the negative somewhere.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Fatso

I nearly shared that non uniform day photo. Man in drag was our art teacher.

Oh. I thought that was pap.

Is that Tim Barclay?

Yeah, our art teacher.

Old drinking mate of mine. Haven’t seen him for a few years, but will be showing that photo to a few mutual friends.

He’s on Facebook. I spent a few months playing Draw Something against him too.

Ah those ties the other way round. Such rebels.

Pap and sfcsim

5 Likes

Anyone here go to Peter Symonds - 1986 to 1988? I have a few class photos to post up if anyone wants to see them.

Pap and sfcsim

Jesus, how skinny was I… Let’s not talk about the blond hair faze of my life! Jeez what a mess!

Ok another form tutor one at 12/13 years of age. Me circled and Pap next to me.

1 Like

Intiniki is top right!

1 Like

What is the deal with the bro in the top right? Why is you scribble him out? Why is everyone lean away from him? Is he smell? What does pap have in his top pocket?

…I wonder how many school photos now show a black scribble out like this but where once our bestest ursine friend once stood revealed in all his youthful splendour - permenently erased from the collective conciousness… but tell us my fine ursine friend, how could so many have got it so wrong… and what did you do to cuase such a blemish?

I was a bit of a terror at school. I used to bully bros, I’m shamed to admit, I mean not in a v.horrid way, I wasn’t really violence or stealing their dinner money etc, but I would rough up bros a bit to preserve the Hierachy, and, you know, jump up and down on their school bags till you hear their crisp bag pop, and give them unflattering nicknames + whatnot. But on the other hand, if I ever caught someone else trying to bully on the kids that I liked to bully, then I would wade in + hurt them bad. I spose it’s the same as how we are to i.e. France at the mo, in that normally we make Fun on them, but we don’t like it when other people do it, cos they do it wrong.

Bear, were you the guy that stood behind the bullies making jokes?

Like, the bully just pushed someone in a puddle and you’d be all like “Ah, you got a spot on your shirt there. What’d you do, get dressed in a puddle?”

I think you were.

You hurt me, KRG, I have always been v.intolerant of bullying, unless I am do it myself. Next time I see you, ur getting pushed in a puddle.

1 Like

No the circle around my head was some writing, which I scribbled out. The bloke that unfortunately has the scribbled out from the yearbook, I do not have any issue with. I think they are pens in the top pocket, probably especially put there for the photo!

1 Like

I thought pens. Having pens in ur top pocket is a v.swag move. Pap is like, look at me! I need to have pens easy access at all times in case I have some v.important thoughts!

What did the writings say? Was it i.e. a commonplace sexual or racist slur which does not translate well to modern times? We need full disclosure on this pls.

1 Like

Most likely to be cheesecake king?

Honestly I cannot remember it was 25 years ago! Something about a girlfriend probably!

The pens would be a Pap move for sure, if it was a purposeful act, but again the photo was 27/28 years ago!

Circa 2006/7

![](https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10398727_12355840553_2371_n.jpg?oh=aa524e58c59622ea36d1bf9ba3ecd1a6&oe=56B4CF89& gda =1458825952_75c3f6d77b3ac65ecaaefbc448cd8d21)

I’ve got alopecia now, meaning i’m bald top to toe. I look back at photos like this with a grimace. Walked around not being able to see past my fringe for about 2 weeks before my Mum made me get a haircut…

5 Likes