💤 Scheduled downtime

Yeah that happened to me this morning…it fucked up my reply and when I edited it it put a copy of it to the bottom of the page and then implemented the changes to the original post.

Doing it now as I’ve just read your post.

1 Like

Have you tried a full site refresh?? (ctrl-f5)

Hmmm.

I’ve just seen it again on this thread. The JavaScript console showed it was all @PhilippineSaint’s fault.

For the geeks, Moment is a JavaScript library for handling times and dates. But why it is causing a problem I don’t know…yet.

As a professional luddite, who wouldn’t know how, why or when, no.

In view of Belch’s subsequent post, which seems to imply Filipeno Phil is a Russian mole (hello, Baz!) or something, should I still try this?

1 Like

OK, so some complete twat (that’d be me) misspelt the name of the Filipino capital when they (he) helpfully added Manila to the list of timezones that we show when we add the clever time widget thing…

2019-02-01T16:48:00Z

Whether that caused the problem or not, and whether spelling it correctly has solved the problem or not, I don’t know.

Keep 'em peeled.

Sheesh, 2 l’s in Manila? it’s not an envelope you know

2 Likes

its a rope @BTripz which @saintbletch should use wisely

This has been happening for a while and just happened again. I initially put it down to my phone needing a good beating with a hammer. But seeing as you’re taking the blame, I won’t buy another phone just yet.
Thanks.

Actually, @BTripz has just managed to reproduce it.

So the Manilla timezone issue I was seeing here was not causing the problem.

We’re hunting it down as we ‘speak’.

Will be back in a while, I’ve got an appointment with some faggots…literally.

1 Like

I will expect an apology then @saintbletch :lou_lol:

1 Like

It’s Friday. Have a drink and deal with it later. Remember the leaving things till the last moment, but justifying it by rationalising it as your subconscious figuring it through? Friday fits that way perfectly.

2 Likes

What’s going on?

You’re asking the wrong people.

1 Like

Sotonians is going down for a while in a while

I need to fully disable Retorts so need to rebuild the server.
We apologise unreservedly for the service disruption and, in keeping with our terms and conditions, full refunds for the disrupted time period are available by visiting www.gofuckyourself.com.

2019-02-02T09:00:00Z → 2019-02-02T09:15:00Z

1 Like

And we’re back.

If anyone notices a strange bug whereby new posts are no longer added automatically to the thread you are viewing and the bottom footer of the thread disappears, please report it here or via PM to @saintbletch.

If you’re geeky enough and you’re on a PC-type device, then open up the developer tools console and copy any console errors here.

Ta.

x

Were retorts the Sotonians way of telling @Barry-Sanchez he was being an arse?

Oh well, there are other, less subtle, ways of doing it I guess :rofl:

Good work in tracking the bug down BTW

Lol.

Not sure I have tracked the bug down yet. I think it is Retorts but don’t know for sure.

I’ve disabled Retorts because it might be the cause but also because of a cosmetic issue I saw with timezone handling.

To be honest, Retorts are being used instead of flags and that has allowed things to escalate further than they should have in various topics.

So, for the time being, instead or Retorting with a poo, flag posts.