:pl: :saints: Saints v Tottenham Hotspur :tottenhamfc: (Live on BT Sport)

We TOTALLY bossed that. Hustled them out of everything got to 2nd balls first. 150% effort & organisation.
Ings took his goal superbly. They offered nothing.
The last 15 minutes legs were gone. Nothing was left on that pitch, Cedric & JWP kept going by muscle memory alone
Only negative was Obafemi didn’t hold the ball up, didn’t seem to burn the same energy, so they got more possession leading to a squeaky finish.
That was a hell of an effort. Shows we need a nipper getting game time in CM JWP was fvcked by the end.
Superb

6 Likes

Told ya.

1 Like

Good summary Phil. Huge effort put in today.
Agree the legs were gone late on. Very surprised that A) we did not leave Obafemi on the halfway line when they had late corners and B) he looked knackered shortly after coming on. But otherwise there were plenty of excellent performances again.

2 Likes

I saw us win at SMS :grin:

8 Likes

Ings dumps Toby on his arse and bangs the ball in the corner - worth the entrance money alone! :rofl:
I was slightly nervous at the length of time VAR took to confirm Kane was offside - it took so long his hamstring had nearly healed, and I hear rumblings that they got away with a blatant handball…
The usual oddball clusterfuck display from Mike Dean, but what a great performance from Saints, and the turnaround from that gutless West Ham defeat is enormous.
It might be a better year than I feared - and a happy 50th to the Goat, staring down the barrel of 60. :woozy_face:

11 Likes

I missed it, did we win? :thinking::grin::grin::grin:

Oh yes.
It showed why we booed these players. It showed the damage the poor coaching of Puel & Pellegrino did with the indifference of Highes.
It showed what, deep down, we knew these players had in them.
It showed Ralph has learnt his lessons and responded.
It showed, nerves not withstanding we are a damned good team.

4 Likes

Fair enough :+1::+1:

Another 25 beer tokens spent in faith returning 85 of the little buggers

3 Likes

Fucking brilliant. I now need to sleep for about 3 days.

6 Likes

I saw, in the flesh, Saints win a match at SMS!!

4 Likes

you mean the last game you saw them win was when I was in attendance for Fulham last year?

Lol at mourinho, complaining that our ball boys are “well coached” :smile::smile: Certainly not something one of his clubs would indulge in. Oh, no no no. :smile:. Twat.

2 Likes

Reality check for Jose, this might be a long season for you.

4 Likes

Classic Jose.

We are all talking about how he called one of our coaches an idiot, how he thinks VAR should be renamed, how he thinks our ballboys (ballchildren?) are coached to waste time and how his £55m player is always injured, but we’re not talking about how his team couldn’t beat little old Southampton.

Classic Jose.

2 Likes

I was trying to think, last night, when was the last time I saw Saints win at SMS… and I think you may be correct…

Sad times

1 Like

More fake news from Jose. :lou_lol:

BTW is there a more snivelling diving little shit than Deli Ali?

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ve taken 10 points from 4 games including Tottenham and Chelsea.

Sad times indeed.

Get with the program Big Self-Centered Bob.

Nobody cares that you haven’t seen many wins.

1 Like

18 from the last 27 according to MotD last night, only bettered by Liverpool.

1 Like