:pl: :saints: Saints v Tottenham Hotspur :tottenhamfc: (Live on BT Sport)

I don’t like playing Mou’s teams. I feel like we don’t do well against them. Tottenham have got some quality players, and Jose can normally get on with them for a year or so, or whenever results start to go against him.

Against the old Spurs they would play football against us & our Awaygame style counter attacking would give us a punchers chance. But Jose is more pragmatic more anti football so can only see this being a downer start to the decade when we forget to mark Kane (again) & give Erikssen space outside the box. Again
0-2

An yeah, I forgot about the Erikkson stunner that he always scores against us…

1 Like

Well, my head hurts and that is great preparation for heading out for a posh lunch with friends in Winchester.

I may get to see/hear the second half I reckon. It doesn’t matter because we will win by the odd goal. Fact.

If anyone sees @Goatboy, call him a rude name and ask him to show you his EU undercrackers :eu:.

I have video evidence!

HNY

4 Likes

Browns. Unity closed.

Um.
We are winning chaps.

1 Like

Nothing?
Nobody?
Ings worldy finishing skills?

Its New years day the wife is celebrating her birthday which is not for another 5 days but all kids and grandkids in the same orbit so expensive restaurant here we come .
no live feed and guests to entertain I believe we are winning.

1 Like

Ings’ goal was a beauty

Redz should scored there

Running out of steam.
Kane scores.
Offside.
Pulls Hamstring & gone off 1-0 73 mins gone
VAR confirmed his arm was offside.
Ings takes a breather Obafemi on

Mourinho booked

1 Like

Never in doubt

1 Like

Great win :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Mystic Bletch.

What did @fatso say?

Didn’t get to see or hear any of the match. How did we play?

What Ralph has done since the Leicester game is stunning. Fair play to him.

10 Likes

I said 1-0

1 Like

Happy New Year you lot of Sotonian shits

7 Likes

We played well. Similar to the last few games with intensity and commitment. Ings’s goal was right out of the Le Tiss locker - long ball down the right channel from Stephens, Ings ran on to it and Alderweireld came across to challenge but Ings flicked it first time over his head and then half volleyed (slightly scuffed) with his left in to the bottom corner.

There were some good solid performances, particularly at the back and the two in midfield. I thought Stephens played very well and although he has been receiving a fair bit of praise recently, in previous games he almost had a few rickets. Not today. He was composed and swept up nicely.

Ings played well and took his only chance and made it count. He also held it up and linked the play.

Spurs were a bit shite but never the less we did the business. In the past we would have buckled so real signs of progress.

7 Likes