:pl: :saints: Saints v Tottenham Hotspur :tottenhamfc: (Live on BT Sport)

This journo actually calls him out on it:

3 Likes

Nice article but I must take exception with this line :-

Mourinho branded the 90 minutes ā€œquite a strange gameā€ where his team were in control apart from Ingsā€™ moment of magic. It is now over a year since Tottenham last kept a clean sheet away from home in the Premier League.

Were they really in control apart from when Ings scored? I thought we matched them pretty well and were well on top apart from odd spells here and there?

3 Likes

Well he needs to do plenty of deflection - Sky reporting that Inter Milan have made contact over Christian Eriksen.

No you are right, they werenā€™t. That was as comfortable a victory against a top 4/6 team as you could wish for.

Even though I take nothing for granted when it comes to Saints, McCarthy wasnā€™t overly troubled and there werenā€™t many/any last gasp challenges apart from Bertrand on Lo Celso that I can recall.

Mourinho is just a transparent tosser. But that makes the win all the more sweet!

I do wonder what Sparkes said/did to deserve the ā€˜idiotā€™ label. :thinking:

4 Likes

Being honest, mourinhoā€™s antics made me chuckle.

2 Likes

What does a booking for a manager actually mean ?

It means nothing. Itā€™s a nice bit of theatre. Iā€™d rather have the likes of Mourinho being a knob than the dark days of listening to that fucking dullard Puel.

2 Likes

Did anybody listen to puel ? The team didnt

3 Likes

I did. Most bedtimes I listened to his press conferences, until I invested in the ā€˜Calmā€™ app to help me off to sleep.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Be fair, heā€™s only checking for signs of life.

1 Like

Ings makes Garth Crooks team of the week :-

Danny Ings: For a striker to have scored more than half of his teamā€™s goals when just past the halfway mark of the season is very impressive and thatā€™s precisely what Danny Ings has done.

When you analyse the way he took his goal against Spurs you can see why.

Quite apart from leaving Toby Alderweireld in his wake, he then left Paulo Gazzaniga motionless in the Tottenham goal with nothing to do other than watch the ball pass him into the back of the net. A genuine strikerā€™s finish.

Did you know? Since the start of last season, only Sergio Aguero (9) has scored more Premier League goals against the divisionā€™s ā€˜big sixā€™ clubs than Southamptonā€™s Danny Ings (8).