:saints: Saints v Celta Vigo :celtavigo: RESULT 3-2

I only caught the 2nd half of the first half but it seemed that with Armstrong we are at least trying to play cute build up passes through the middle.

So often last season and the season before we were formulaic when DMs would crab the ball sideways to left or right back and then we’d ponder down the wing before turning back and giving the ball back to the DM who would crab the ball to the other side…

I like the intention of breaking them down through the middle as well as the wings.

It also means that Armstrong should quite often find himself in possession, centrally and within shooting range.

1 Like

I am eating cake and drinking red wine. I’ll wait for Burnley.

2 Likes

Is that @Cake - the now presumably ex-new member @Goatboy ?

1 Like

Are you officially recommending Armstrong for fantasy football?

2 Likes

Watching our second and third choice left backs play right back is like watching England and Ashleigh Young all over again. No chance of a run to the byline.

Exactly what I was thinking, fats!

Waste of a free kick there inside their half. If only we had a 6’7” centre back so that we could throw the ball up there instead of passing it to the opposition…

Not a lot of difference from 1st half so far as I can see

1:2 Chazza

1 Like

CHARLIE!! WA-HOOOO…whoops sorry…just a pre-season game isn’t it.
Carry on.

1 Like

That’s what can happen when you don’t cut back on to your left foot.

1 Like

Armstrong equalises…nicely taken.

2 Likes

Good goal

1 Like

2:2

Armstrong

1 Like

Nice one Armstrong. We’re gonna win 3 -2… sorry, pretend I didn’t sing that. Don’t want the blame for jinxing it!

And then Ghent’s subbed lol

Targett on the right.

Two great assists says it’s working.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t take the £15m for him.
Bertrand is shot. Never been the same mentally since Grenfell.
The other one is shit.

Matchbox need to show a little more discipline…given away a few soft free kick using his bulk to knock opposition off the ball. He won’t find PL refs put up with too many of them before the yellow card comes out.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty of others I’d rather sell before him but he’s the only one anybody wants right now.