:saints: Saints v Celta Vigo :celtavigo: RESULT 3-2

Yeah that was quite a goal.

Try this

Armstrong looking decent. Gabbi looks like heā€™s got a bit of confidence back. Was a good goal for Celta. Reminded me of the sort of thing Mane would manage. To me we still look a bit slow in play/build-up at times, hopefully that is just a case of the team still learning to play together and something that will disappear in due course.

2 Likes

Davis and Romeu look well off the pace so far. Long is his usual self. If CĆ©dric isnā€™t featuring tonight (not in squad) then itā€™s looking like McQueen will be playing right wing back against Burnleyā€¦ NOT ideal.

Would be nice to know WTAF is going on with Lemina. Romeu hasnā€™t been very good for about a year now. Bit concerning.

Long hits the bar from a cross (too close to the goal to have been a shot).

1 Like

Shlong hits crossbar

1 Like

Theyā€™re starting to look like theyā€™re enjoying themselves in the last 5 or ten minutes!

1 Like

Looks like I can stream it in the tent.

Looking better. Pleased with Armstrongā€™s shoot on sight policy.

2 Likes

I will now forever be known as more more technically challenged than yourself.

1 Like

0:2

Shlong fuck up

Woeful defending

I shall cherish the comment

:lou_lol:

Iā€™d be surprised if we dont see a different team at half time. Literally.

Such slow build up play again. No pace in the team again.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s only preseason but Iā€™m a bit worried that Hughes doesnā€™t know his best team or system yet. I can usually offer up what I think it is but now Iā€™m struggling.

1 Like

Yep, he said earlier that AFTER the next two games heā€™d have a better idea of personnel for Burnley.

Thatā€™s a worry.

Ok the good/bad standouts for me

Armstrong looks good. Think heā€™ll fit in well

Gabbiadini looks more confident

Shlong is working ok with Gabbiadini, but what a balls up for second goal though - defence caught napping :zzz:

Romeu and Davies were on the pitch, didnā€™t seem to add anything

Bert Rand I thought was poor. Too many misplaced passes / generally shit at times

The rest? Mehā€¦

1 Like

Muscular

Can i retract it, or at least the ā€œthanksā€ bit.

1 Like

45 mins of nothing football on show. No different to last year
Davis, Mccarthy (not goalie )Long, Romeo, Polish CB, Houte all not good enough if we have any ambition. Too many average players along with an average manager.

Cetla are a week behind us in fitness according to MH. they look miles ahead of us.

Was that Kruger behind the goal when SL hit the bar?