:saints: Saints v Celta Vigo :celtavigo: RESULT 3-2

No reason to sell imho

Heā€™s a keeperā€¦this season. Well a full-back keeper.

So by that token you donā€™t think we need to buy?

Thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m advocating it (to an extent).

Reed playing right back ish.

Targett switched to left.

Gunnā€™s distribution looks great.

2 Likes

ELLIAMOUSSEā€¦3 - 2ā€¦Saints win.

4 Likes

Not going to say I told you soā€¦

1 Like

If Hughes plays the starting lineup in the league weā€™ll have no hope.

The finishing lineup was a world apart.

1 Like

From a 35 yard shot from JWP that hit the post and rebounded into his path.

Thought heā€™d done very little up until they point tbh.

Stephens looking like heā€™s off the pace. Holding, grabbing and blocking in midfield whenever he was one on one with his man.

Am I right in saying they neither Yoshi nor Cedric played?

1 Like

Enjoyable second halfā€¦moved the ball about well. Forwards ran the channels AND were occasionally supplied with the ball. Mixed the plays up well with Targett particularly impressive setting up our first two goals.

Good to see Gabbi enjoying his game againā€¦very much a different player, from last seasons downward spiral, always involved tonight.

4 Likes

Correct

Well, wasnā€™t expecting that to be live and a win as well. All round a pleasant evening.

Talking of round, has@fatso finished the bottle of gin after his 3 days of abstinence?

Edited to clarify what the bottle was

Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s how he played for most of last season

1 Like

Still doesnā€™t add up for me. We have an old established LB that lost the desire ages ago and a young player getting better by the day. Itā€™d be mental to let him go in my opinion. Youā€™d have to spend most the money for a replacement(unless youā€™re happy with Bertrand getting shitier and shitier, with no one to threaten his position). Sell Bertrand, would be the best bet(anyone want him?).

1 Like

So, he surely wonā€™t blood Cedric against BMG and then start him against Burnley?

Itā€™s clearly a position thatā€™s giving him heartburn as he played our under offer left back there followed by our terrier CM Harrison Reed.

I wonder if Cedric is actually under offer.

And why no Yan Valery if youā€™re going to put Reed there for a spell surely you give the nipper a look?

1 Like

Agree with one qualification.

Iā€™d fully expect Bertrand to go elsewhere and pull up trees. Think he needs a change.

I donā€™t know about Grenfell but as soon as the arm band appeared on him he looked burdened by it.

Change would do him good, but i still believe heā€™s lost that tiny bit of extra desire needed at the top end of any sport, once faced with that reality(seen a video and he looked mentally broken).
So yeah, youā€™d probably be correct(new direction in life can do wonders), but heā€™s still getting old and nothings going to stop that.

In other friendly newsā€¦

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ryan Sessegnon both came off the bench in the second half for Fulham as they were beaten 1-0 by Sampdoria in Aldershot.

Former Southampton player Gaston Ramirez produced a brilliant goal in the 79th minute to earn victory in a match that the newly-promoted side dominated for long periods.

1 Like
1 Like