:saints: Saints v Arsenal :arsenalfc: (PL)

But we’re more likely to stay up if we play. Take the game to the opposition, let them know that we reckon we can beat them and not that we’re desperate for them not to beat us. We’ll lose games, but we’ll win ones we might otherwise have drawn or lost - like today’s.

3 Likes

Well done @PhilippineSaint, @Sharkie, @Rugbysaint, @lifeintheslowlane, @Simon-says and @Spudders

@saintbletch will look down the back of his sofa to see what prize he can give you.

2 Likes

Good comment on Long, Baz. Even over the past couple of years he’s caused defenders problems - he’s always been quick, persistent, and a right pain in the arse to play against, but today there was more to his game than that. His cross for Austin was perfect - evaded the keeper and all Chaz had to do was stand there and let it hit his head. Top fucking notch.

Agree also on your other comment. If we’d lost today playing as we did I wouldn’t have been disheartened, if we’d drawn I’d have been pretty happy, but as it was…

4 Likes

Was Lemina dropped or injured/ill?

Just having this post to quote is prize enough :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Bloody hell spudders, you’re setting a very low precedent for future prizes :lou_sad:

1 Like

I find aiming low leads to less dissapointment :grinning:

4 Likes

It’s ok you’re off the hook, Bletch just PM’d me to say that the prize was to be one of his old cravats.

Injured apparently

Weird, i got a message saying it was an old carrot :thinking:

I’d take the carrot over the cravat.

2 Likes

Juts warching the game on delay, apparently Arsenal have not been leading any of their matches at the halfway point at all this season!!

It’s what he calls his little man these days!!

That’s his little crudité.

2 Likes

Oh look, we conceded another deflected goal!! How many times has that happened this season?

Bletch has used the carrot :lou_is_a_flirt:

We must be due a bit of luck and a decent ref.

Didn’t think he was too bad today TBF

Yeah he was ok. The linesman on the Itchen side was shite though.

Couple of things that make me proud this morning over here.
Valery was completely owned against Cardiff to the point he was dragged at half time but against an unbeaten in 22 Arsenal he was a great player!
Secondly, how must Johnson be feeling? He’s a Premier League player and on the winning side too. Stoked for him and fair play to Ralph for trusting him for the closing stages.
So proud this morning and I can once again wear the colours of a winning team around town!

6 Likes