đŸ‡·đŸ‡ș Russia

Fourteen Polands then.

I think if and when Russia decides to push its luck and go into a NATO country, the best case scenario is that NATO does what it did in Ukraine.

Worst doesn’t bear thinking about.

1 Like

You are not wrong - and it will be the absolute worst case. Imagine what the US military could do to an Russian conventional force when you consider the heavy going that they are making of Ukraine.

They (Putin) would rapidly look to try and balance things out and that can only lead to one outcome

What could happen in that instance is Ukraine will let Donbas and Luhansk go and join NATO and the EU, they stop any claim to Crimea, Russia recognises the borders of a new Ukraine and their respective alliances to the west.
Putin even after this wouldn’t go for it as its not NATO its land and that land he sees as Russian, it makes no sense to invade a country to be actually closer to NATO does it?

Why is Putin invading a country to be closer to NATO, that makes no sense?

All he needs? Its not his country? He doesn’t need anything, he doesn’t feel threatened, he doesn’t care for the Russian people, he was a legacy as his ego demands it.
If Ukraine and its people decide to move into the EU and NATO it is their decision and their decision alone and the west will no go back on that and why should they?
Gunboat diplomacy won’t work here.

giphy

Putin is a madman, absolute madman, how can you go to war with no popular backing from anyone other than Belarus?
Jesus we had more support for Iraq.

Thank your lucky stars that Trump’s tiny finger is off the button. He’d have launched a pre-emptive strike at least a week ago.

1 Like

Against his mate? No chance. More likely to send flowers

1 Like

He can’t as that’s his best mate, Putins best mate however

1 Like

If you want a laugh of ignorance, read up on Barrys old thread of Care to comment on Russian Aggression?
There are some cracking views on there, I wonder if they’re still held? Here’s one, I won’t name the person as that is not fair.

The numbers tell me that Russia are the least of our worries(unless we force them to use their superior weapons).
You keep looking the wrong way and that’s the dangerous kind of attitude that will cause the most trouble for this country. Turn back around, face what we are and deal with it, not some made up villian.

Local update.

Mrs P_F’s company had 32 employees in Ukraine. 1 rocked up to the office today. Everyone broken by the tales

Ukraine border is taking 52 hours to cross. Sheer weight of numbers. They have to show ID Cards only to get in to Poland.

Talking heads seeing tactics change. Russian Artillery targeting Shops & Malls. Means they plan to starve them out.

I think we’ll see how heavy the going is in the next few weeks. First casualty of war is the truth. I’m taking no reports from the region at face value.

It’s also worth remembering that the rapid capture of places like Baghdad was predicated on a “shoot anything that moves” policy. I don’t think we’re seeing that here.

1 Like

Very sad indeed, I’m hearing horrific stories, Putin is doubling down and doubling down again, they’ll use thermobaric bombs I bet, horrific things.

When will you and from whom then?

Already are.
At least 2 today authenticated videos as well

Is Barry the news reporter in this video?

Irony

1 Like

So you’re close to Putin who wants to split Ukraine in two ha ha, yes that’ll work for peace and the long term security of Europe, everyday Russians won’t be sanctioned for the nest 100 years, NATO is already on Putin’s border, the NATO thing is the biggest red herring ever and only the naive or Putin supporters would say NATO is the thing that bothers him in Ukraine, now it may piss him off if Finland get it however but this is now their chance to do so without too much hassle.

This what I have been muttering about

seize Russian assets and use them as reparations - and it has to be all Russians - those with cash abroad are generally rich enough

Start in Cyprus where they were flogging citizenship for investment

Trouser all of the bank balances and use it to send aid (humanitarian and military) to Ukraine

The Swiss must have billions ready to go

1 Like