šŸ‡·šŸ‡ŗ Russia

Iā€™m sure heā€™s happy.

Who does Scott Ritter work for also for balance?

Grant Shapps is using an app that shows you what youā€™ll like when you go baldā€¦.

He is an ex UN weapon inspector and marine but itā€™s irrelevant. Either heā€™s right about what heā€™s saying or heā€™s wrong and time will tel. The point is he paints a different picture than the other analyst who either deliberately or unwittingly avoided any discussion of the possibility of Russia being close to cutting off the bulk of the Ukrainian army from the rest of Ukraine.
If deliberate perhaps he deliberately avoided mentioning it because itā€™s nonsense. I donā€™t know, but either people can offer there own evidence, or time will hopefully tell.

He has also put up for wrong information recently and apologised for it, again for balance.

No one is doubting the Russians will win out through sheer force and horrific violence, theyā€™ll win that if you can call it that but it will be a Pyrrhic victory as the Russian people will suffer (as will the Ukrainians obviously) hugely and vastly disproportionately to what Russia will gain.
Also they gain they wonā€™t hold and they wonā€™t have a co-operational population, in fact a well armed down right hostile one armed by the west (those javelins havenā€™t come into play yet) so Putin now its a lose lose and a damage limitation exercise.

Am I reading the last few posts correctly?

Itā€™s probably some kind of fugue state Iā€™ve entered but just for my sanity, did you, of all people, just ask for balance?

Yes, you read correctly.
Iā€™ve known about Ritter for ages, one bad apple that, in league with RT, a yank crank Galloway.

1 Like

i have a sad feeling that all those who have been making Stoic statements will end up feeling like Boris did today pdq.

I donā€™t think the Russians heave even started wreaking hell on Ukraine yet. They have just been moving into position.

I hope Iā€™m wrong.

ICYMI

And before the drone puts words into my mouth.
No, we cannot implement a no fly zone as that will be the end of us all

Russia will win out but thereā€™ll be a huge well armed resistance.
Russia will be an international pariah, whoā€™ll trade with them and buy their things?

I still think there is still the possibility of avoiding huge civilian casualties. If Ritter is right and the Ukraine army has basically been captured in one swoop this could be a really good thing for people who want to avoid Civilian casualties.

I donā€™t think Putin wants to hold Kiev at all.

No he wants a puppet installed like before and how did that end? This is so far different, the moment the Russians leave Ukraine will replace with an elected leader who looks west there by defeating the object, the only heā€™ll keep Ukraine in the sphere of Russia is force and occupation, the west has already said theyā€™ll supply the Ukrainians with all the arms they need for as long as they need them.
Grozny but a country as whole, Afghanistan but far worse for them.

Yeah.
'cos thatā€™s working out well in Belarus

A reasonable assessment. Yesterdayā€™s peace talks may have hinged on the Russians showing their hand before they played it. No takers. They played it.

Vastly different but what will concern Lukashenko is if this continues there could be a flow between the two and uprising there, the west certainly wonā€™t not stop it.

I honestly donā€™t see how Putinā€™s wins this, how can he hold and subdue Ukraine? He puts a puppet in there and theyā€™ll be overthrown.

Depends on whether the reports of resistance and destruction are correct or in their proper contexts. I can see Russia absorbing the Donbass but there is no strategic merit in having to hold down an occupation in Western Ukraine.

I can see the point of the action as a line in the sand measure, but a lot of political capital has been spent to secure it. If the end result is the Donbass and the kibosh being put on NATO membership then Putin may consider the price worth it.

Finnish Parliament are going to debate joining NATO as a direct result of this invasion - a petition has hit the threshold required and 53% of respondents to a poll have said they should join - that number rises to over 60% if Sweden join at the same time

Putin could end up being the most effective recruiting sergeant that NATO have ever had

1 Like

Why does he need a puppet? Being simplistic all he needs is someone who remains neutral. Are Sweden Finland and Austria run by Putinā€™s puppet governmentā€™s?