Remain or leave? Sotonians straw poll

What question did you ask me, I always respond and answer.

Barry stop being a twat

How’s that then? I’ve heard plenty of Muslims speak up against IS and terrorism. I’ve even seen full page adverts in newspapers from members of the Muslim community condemning terrorism and these deplorable acts. Why do you doubt this is the case?

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Barry stop being a twat

You might as well ask the sun to stop shining.

3 Likes

They shouldn’t have to apologise, the people that do these things are unstable, evil, mentally ill or indoctrinated, the issue I have is the book or books of faith themselves that are homophobic, racist and sexist. If people came out and said they didn’t follow that bit as it was homophobic, racist and sexist then it would be more acceptable, it really doesn’t wash nowadays people saying homophobic racist things and then hiding behind an unprovable piece of writing.

Do you remember that time you were funny last May or something…

The leader of Britain First condemned the killer’s deplorable act.

I’m proud of you all.

you have managed to descend into bickering and sniping without Pap’s presence. It’s like your kids getting their first job

8 Likes

Are you saying that no Muslim leaders have condemned terrorist actions? I’m not sure what your point is.

Yes

1 Like

No, i’m only equating the leader of britain first with the plenty of muslims you’ve heard.

oh and back on topic, 44.7% leave

1 Like

Fair enough, glad we agree. Leader of BF says the attack is nothing to do with them just as Muslim leaders say terrorism is nothing to do with them…nice that both are listened to and believed.

1 Like

Triggered.

Im a reasonably simple man and have no idea what your post means. I’ve found that with a few of your posts…either I’m thick and getting thicker or you like to be a bit a cryptic.

reflexive obscure reference and a tangent. i’ll try to scale the obscurity back in future. don’t worry about it if it’s not relevant to you.

Listen & Believe is a phrase used in reference to victims of rape or sexual assault. It’s purpose is to attempt to make reporting such crimes easier, and not instantly treat victims as if they are on trial - the process of reporting these sorts of crimes is notoriously torturous for victims.

Triggered is a term that people that like to complain about everyone being about offended all the time (though are often - not always - the quickest to get offended themselves) or that political correctness has gone mad. It’s a reference to Trigger Warnings, which are basically a heads up on an article or video or whatever might contain something upsetting for some people. For example, an article about sexual assualt may say “Trigger Warning: Rape”. Because you know, people that have been victims of sexual assault can find such things upsetting. It’s the equivalent of putting “May contain nuts” on food packaging.

This is apparently hilarious. As is the notion that people may suffer PTSD for something other than war.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

you missed the part where the terms were co-opted by the kind of people who think air conditioning is sexist, that they are entitled to an international soap box without any dissent, and that these types of things give them PTSD.

edit: also the kind of people who think listen and beleive is a legal framework.

I see…I think. Im happy to admit to not being the brightest and I have had a few beers and wines so my judgement may be flawed, but I think I might be close to categorising Sotonist as a bumhole.

No offence, obviously, Sotonist.

1 Like