🍴 Rate Your Plate

Blimey yes we went to Goblets a lot in the early '80s had a nice vibe downstairs but can’t remember much about the food,which I suppose says it all. :lou_lol:

Have a work colleague who loves going there but then again he is a hipster so it may not be suited :slight_smile:

Apparently the food was really nice as well

I wonder if they do a pensioner’s rate on food and drink? :lou_lol:

Just go in, eat and drink your fill and then stand up and wee yourself…I’m sure you won’t have to pay if you do that and no-one will think you bad because of your age…

Doesn’t work we’ve tried that already. :worried: They just give you a mop and tell you to clean it up…BASTARDS!

3 Likes

What the fuck is that?

Its opening again, wife saw the owner and they’re now doing it up and opening soon, sneaky bevvies now for moi once again when I pick the kids up, why i’m writing this and who gives a fuck I don’t know but there we go.

basically Lamb meatballs in curry sauce and rice

That looks like shite.

1 Like

meatballs and rice in any context look like pap smeered shiteballs but occasionally they taste bloody lovely

If you are ever in York I can highly recommend Skosh. Definitely in my top 5 meals ever. Get a kitchen bar table. Amazing to watch them work. Very cool. Small plates for two.

We had lobster broth dumplings, tataki of beef fillet, sashimi of brill, cauliflower pakora, pork belly, duck breast, spiced bread parfait and tunworth with brown butter waffle.
All lick the plate delicious.
Menu:

3 Likes

Went their last year for lunch - loved it

1 Like

I prefer to Rat Le Plat.

What is a Tunworth?

Its a cheese from tunworth

2 Likes

Marks and Spencers - Christmas Club Sandwich - blooming lovely

Lunchtime - rare Sirloin at Pasture in Bristol.

Excellent restaurant / excellent food - highly recommended if you’re ever in Brizzle.

Book early if you want an evening slot

That looks bloody lovely Kev :heart_eyes:

Melt in your mouth Chris. :yum:

All locally sourced meat and veg too.

I went to Dishoom in London recently. On seeing the queue, asked the daughter “Why the fuck do you live here?”

She had no answer.

After eating the food, kinda craving it. There’s one in Manchester apparently. Only 30 miles.

2 Likes