⚽ 🎶 Racism in Football

So, more on this, Cagliari have been cleared of racist chanting because

they were not sufficient in “size and perception” to merit punishing the club and its supporters.

I don’t have enough facepalms in my armoury for that quote…

I do sometimes wonder at the mentality of people that go to football

But then I do wonder whether any abuse towards people of colour is labelled as racist abuse :man_shrugging:

Obviously they don’t report on what was said but if it was only spitting and throwing things would that be reported if the 'keeper was white for example.

I’m not explaining myself well here but I guess you know what I mean?

I think it would generally need racial profiling to some degree, calling a black player a ‘useless prick’ for instance wouldn’t be very nice but you couldn’t say it was directly racist. I think that’s where the distinction needs to be made.

2 Likes

Thanks for the example, I was trying to think of one and failing (I must be a really nice guy).

I think your example hits it on the head…

Perhaps we could introduce the “Atkinson Test”? :thinking:

1 Like

From what I have read, the incident on Saturday involved monkey noises, quaint little terms like ‘black bastard’ etc, as well as the spitting and throwing stuff. Pretty sure the team wouldn’t have walked off just because the keeper was called a useless prick. Fuck me, if that was the case no game at St Mary’s this season would have lasted beyond half time!

Yeah, sorry, if you read the article there’s other examples of racist abuse over the weekend. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen at all I’m juts wondering about the definition of it.

If what you say is true then I hope those idiots get sent down to an all black prison for a couple of months.

I think you’re referring to context and what was said, context is everything but using a colour and questioning someone’s history of birth is wholly negative, they’re racist c**ts and shouldn’t enter a ground again until they’ve seen the error of their ways and apologised.

Do you know what you just wrote there?

1 Like

Aren’t we playing them next weekend in Japan?

Seems the Bulgarian head coach (ex) may have been correct

2 game stadium ban, 1 suspended, not enough in my opinion

Bulgaria fans’ racism: Racist abuse of England players leads to stadium ban -

FA Cup: Haringey Borough make anti-racism stand in replayed Yeovil Town match -

fair enough.

Speechless…

1 Like

I can’t even understand what they’re supposed to represent. They look like monkey power rangers.

2 Likes

Isn’t it obvious?? :thinking::thinking:

"I’ve always been painting monkeys for five to six years, so I thought I’d make this work to teach that we’re all apes, I made the western monkey with blue and white eyes, the Asian monkey with almond-shaped eyes and the black monkey positioned in the centre, where everything comes from. The monkey becomes the spark to teach everyone that there is no difference, there is no man or monkey, we are all alike. If anything we are all monkeys."

There you have it, straight from the monkey’s mouth.

3 Likes

And suddenly it makes some sort of sense.

As long as you believe Darwin…