⚽ 🎶 Racism in Football

Point is… its like saying, I am going to deny my ego being masturbated by my adoring fans for 24 hours… or I am going to deny myself the and my fans the opportunity to know what I am doing 24 houes a day… seriously how the fuck is the a protest?

I appreciate that social media may well be more important the the ‘woof’ of today, but that odes not make it any more worthwhile… its a bunch of hyped up shit

I can see that but I didn’t see the bit where everyone is not allowed to bully Barry Sanchez.

You may be right, I dunno what the best approach is. If you’re a player of colour and you’ve gone along with all the anti-racism campaigns and done all the community stuff and tried your hardest to ingratiate yourself, what do you do when people still chant racist shit at you and the worst that happens is that the ‘offending club’ get fined less than your week’s wages? Of course these guys get paid too much (that’s a whole other issue) but the fact is you know, as the victim of abuse, that the punishment means nothing if you (an employee) could easily absorb the punishment meted out to an employer.

If you go on strike, who wins? The racists cunts are going to hate you even more. But you can’t do nothing. Like I say, I don’t know what the answer is. I’m guessing everyone saw what happened with Tony Aghayere and Padiham Town? If nobody’s sticking up for you, what do you do?

1 Like

Stop being such a snowflake.

7 Likes

Being a twat isn’t a race.

It’s a choice.

x

4 Likes

Pretty sure most of the racist twats on social media were educated several decades ago though. No evidence to back it up, but I don’t think its a young man or woman’s game.

A different angle I heard on this this morning was that the withdrawal of interaction for a day is aimed at putting pressure on the social media companies to implement zero tolerance, it’s not aimed at showing racist ‘fans’ what will happen if they can’t stop being dicks.

1 Like

Thought that was obvious tbh. FB finally buckled this week by banning extreme views/organisations.
A cynic would think they (footballers) saw a gap and are going for it to keep the pressure on.
Bloody well should do to.

Not sure how true the older age profile being the main offenders. I’m on FB pretty well every day and I have to say I see very little racist comment. I do see a lot of negativity from older posters and a lot of sharing other peoples fake news in the form of memes. It’s from people how don’t do their homework before sharing “outraged opinion” of where it comes from, how accurate it is, and the agenda of the original poster.

All I do is make a comment like, “you know this was originally posted in 2011 and proved to be untrue…go to independent fact finding websites and type in…etc etc etc” Nobody says, “oh yeah, sorry I’ll delete it”…they just go quiet. So the “outrage on fake news goes on for another 10 years” :lou_facepalm_2:

5 Likes

I can appreciate that some pressure might cause these social media companies to take stock and enforce tighter rules, but… and maybe I am alone here, I would just ditch social media - they’d are only on there to promote themselves… and it’s always seemed a vacuous pursuit to me ( and I do see the irony of posting on here)… I would argue that the way to tackle this is obvious but there is no will because the FA, the PL, the broadcasters are all too driven by the financial considerations to in effect just stop games, play behind closed doors etc. It needs players from BOTH sides in games to take a stronger stance, not just those receiving the abuse… it is just after all a game, yet too many in a position to do something about it are unwilling to take more effective measures…

2 Likes

From reading the thread, it looked like people were assuming this was aimed at withdrawing attention from the fans (presumably to show them what happens if some of them are racist).

As below…

1 Like

I think the issue is that where once “social media” was this quirky way to reach fans and interact, now social media is THE media.

It’s every player’s brand promotion. It’s every player’s own TV channel.

Not saying you’re not right in your suggestion they should withdraw, but there’s no way they will stop contributing to “Me TV”.

1 Like

I for one support your cause.

Let’s end the Bassist chanting.

I have had Gregorian chanting all day long it’s doing my head in

1 Like

Just tell Gregg and/or Ian to shut up.

7 Likes

:man_facepalming:

©️Pap’s Big Book Of Dad Jokes (1954)

4 Likes

you love it you slaaaaaag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Absolutely, and it does my fucking head in whenever the bbc “report” that “… someone tweeted…” FFS. Tweets aren’t news, and shouldn’t be treated as anything other than the vacuous ramblings of a bunch of utter cunts. Facebook can stick Zuckerberg back up his own arsehole as well :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

5 Likes

OK, so apparently monkey chants are a “form of respect” not “racism”

Interesting… no really, I am sure Boris thinks its a term of endearment when he is called a cunt…

I appreciate cultural differences and all that, but its pretty universal IMHO that making monkey chants at black folks is racist and ignorant

2 Likes