🐷 Papsweb FAT Club - Monthly weigh in

I have to say, I am a couple of weeks into this 5:2 diet. I have to say the first weeks fasting days were shite, however, things have got better. I have noticed that I am taking more time will my food and as a result filling up on less (this translates as not being a gutty sod and over eating). I have also lost some girth. A shirt that a couple of weeks ago was too tight now fits. and I have shed 3 Kgs.

Now against this I have not been living like a monk - I had a eight course tasting menu with wine last Saturday and a rather boozy Friday night. I am also eating a decent amount on non fast days plus the odd beer.

If I know I am going to have a big night calorie wise, I go for a ride to bank some extra allowance.

This diet could actually work

3 Likes

Exercise is so important. And as i mentioned not easy in a Sauna.
This morning we did 4.9km at a medium fast walk around the Mall before picking up a few groceries, then 20 minutes swimming.
Tomorrow hopefully to the beach and to bounce about in the water for an hour rather than lay down sun bathing.

Luke Donald (Yes, a golfer) is Crocked at the moment.
Some simple steps and quick results (full post is on instagram).
Not just diet but eating the right diet

Well the wheels came off the wagon in quite spectacular style. Two nights at the Whatley manor in the Cotswolds battling through tasting menu after tasting menu and washed down with lakes of wines.

I might have to fast until Christmas to reverse this lot.

1 Like

At least in the Cotswolds you can go for a decent walk to burn a few calories off…

So you would think - however the walk involved two pubs, 4 pints and Moules frites

1 Like

Nope, you were never missing Moules Frites and Beers.
It was only Radio Solent that saved my diet this week. I was all ready to head to Barasti when they tweeted we had not won at Goodison for 21 years. So there simply was no point wasting 40 quid to get embarrassed in public and drink 4 pints.

1 Like

But if you stayed in and listened to Dave Merrington and Adam Blackmore, you would have become almost suicidal…At least if you’d gone out you’d haven able to see how shit we were rather than having to build a picture of it based on the commentary.

I was working instead.
Lucky me.

You do realise that the psychology of this thread was supposed to involve shaming yourself and not fucking bragging, don’t you?

1 Like

I couldn’t give a fuck about being a salad dodging fat cunt. Fucking love it.

3 Likes

So despite my best efforts to derail this diet, I have actually lost a stone :lou_surprised:

It is somewhat undermining my arguments to the Ayatollah that diets are a waste of time.

On the upside, its 14 pounds of lard I don’t have to drag up hill on the bike :lou_lol:

On the downside, my wardrobe is going to need replacing :lou_sad:

1 Like

I always think surgery is a desperate, last resort but hey…what do I know. :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

I quite like salad and apart from a slight beer belly (most of it is Vodka & Rum ) I am if you look at a BMI index just below the being a fat bastard.

Now I do not exercise apart from swimming with the kids at home and walking up and down the vessel all month whilst offshore.

I have no excess fat on my arms or legs I have a normal BP and heart rate 120/80 and 59 bpm. Cholesterol is perfect for my age.

The last doctor still said I needed to lose weight.

When asked where was I going to lose it from he could not answer me.

These people have a set of facts and figures but they do not always equate to the correct answer.

I still fit in a 34” waist pair of trousers which is only up 2” from when I left school.

So be happy with what ever size you are exercise if you want to but dont always listen to the quacks because sometimes they get it wrong.

1 Like

In my latest job (about 2.5 years now) - I do lots of business lunches, sit on my arse , drink beer and wine, do no exercise and somehow have put on just over a stone and a half. In gonna write a diet book for people who want to get lardy

:lou_facepalm_2:

[quote=“Cobham-Saint, post:695, topic:2716, full:true”]
In my latest job (about 2.5 years now) - I do lots of business lunches, sit on my arse , drink beer and wine, do no exercise and somehow have put on just over a stone and a half. In gonna write a diet book for people who want to get lardy

:lou_facepalm_2:

I really do need to lose weight though.

Subcutaneous versus visceral fat?

?

And that was my reply not wanting a machine to think for me for please gents.

A question mark on its own is a reply.

@saintbletch put this in the things to know thread.

Bump

Woke up being bored of feeling lethargic and Lardy and am now into week four of the “@Cobham-Saint self devised personal patented lose weight guaranteed plan” (catchy title eh?) & have lost almost 7lbs so far.

Simple:

Stop drinking beer
Cut out/down business lunches/drinks (or eat healthy options)
Cut out bread product as much as possible & no cheap Supermarket lunchtime meal deals.
No milk in tea or as a drink
No chocolate/sweets or crisps
Eat more protein and fruit & veg instead
Don’t snack.
Have main meal of the day on a smaller plate.
Walk from Waterloo to my office in the City rather than get the tube.
Get out of the office for at least a half hour wander at lunchtime.
Avoid the gym/running or other virtue signalling activities (apart from posting on here)

Drinking wine tonight though and maybe have a sniff at some vodka with diet (caffeine free) coke later.

Lowering the calories-in and upping the calories-out seems to be working. Who’d have thought it, eh?

Young Adult #2 & Mrs C_S are completely bewildered. I’m insufferable and frankly hate myself :+1:

5 Likes

Don’t feel bad, Cobster. We all hate you too.

Was that the right thing to say?

1 Like