🐷 Papsweb FAT Club - Monthly weigh in

Are you body shaming me @Fowllyd?

:grinning:

In all seriousness, you’re doing pretty damn well there. Funnily enough, one of the best things you’re doing there is the walk to (and from?) your office rather than getting the tube.

I couldn’t ever give up milk in tea though. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

I’ve pretty much avoided this thread as I was doing nothing about my health. I’m now at some gym class minimum once a week or up to three possibly four. Plus changed my diet to lessen the carbs a bit. Don’t think I’ve lost any weight but this is more about just not wanting stodgy food. I’m having more fruit and veg which my partner is finding odd. I used to walk a lot with work but now I work in an office 3 mins walk from my flat so do need to up the exercise.

1 Like

Not drinking does not make you lose weight I have been offshore for 3 weeks with zero alcohol and have put on 3 kilo’s.
admittedly sweets in a bowl on the desk all day long chocolate in the fridge all day long.
Healthy salad sandwiches for breakfast weird yes but its the best they can do.
cakes and noodles at 09:30.
Lunch at 11:30 normally fried fish and chips.
Dinner at 17:45 potatoes rice beef lamb fish variants thereof.
Later yoghurt snack opened and topped up with condensed milk because they only buy the sugar free units.
I now weigh 78kg’s.

2 Likes

78kg, what’s that in old money? 12stone-ish? If you’re 6ft that’s probably a bit light but at 5ft maybe heavy?

Not quite sure about your not drinking and weight gain argument :rofl:

1 Like

5’9.25" BMI puts me just on the correct side of being a fat bastard.

The exercise is certainly key tbh. Cutting down on the carbs / snacking is a close second.

half my office are on slimming world/weight watchers (whichever has ‘sins’) but they seemed to enjoy their Chinese takeaway lunch today. They do eat a load of weird stuff like lots of boiled eggs. :nauseated_face:
There are often a load of biscuits/cakes/chocs/sweets in the office but as I don’t have diary I can avoid that. Sure that’s helped.

1 Like

Must be a fragrant office to work in :grinning:

All this Slimmers World stuff seems to be a con for most or a social club at least.

There are (invariably) women at work who are members but seem to stay the same weight. Mind you they religiously have a diet fizzy drink with their “healthy” (very large) lunches, so it must be ok.

Well I know some people where these ‘clubs’ do work and from my experience of gym going I do prefer to go with someone so maybe moral support is good.

Yes sometimes the office is quite fragrant, especially as the kitchen door is always open too.

1 Like

The support element is certainly a motivating factor @Intiniki , and actually is probably the most valuable part, but watching my mother and her friends doing these clubs over the years and not making much of a dent, along with the groups in the various places I’ve worked at has given me a healthy dose of cynicism. The only people who seem to benefit are the odd person really motivated to lose weight and the company cashing in on the subs and “specially formulated” meals n snacks…

I didn’t diet I cut out shit.
At Glasto 2017 I laboured around.
We booked Cambodia I needed to climb Temples. I wrote down my starting weight, cut down on booze to twice a week, cut out potatoes pasta & bread & did lots of walking, weighing myself every morning.
Getting in to the Ryder Cup added to the motivation.
I went from 128kg to 101kg.
By November 2018 I reached 97.5kg.
Now? I slipped back to 105, but after Easter, mate in town & UK trip, I’m back on the no shit.
Walked 8kms today, chicken & cabbage for dinner.
Those 5kg will go by Glasto.

BTW Whisky is best emergency booze to avoid adding inches

1 Like

Salad. Fucking salad. Low carb. High protein. Nuts. Cunts.
Less booze. Fuckers.
700 crunches 3 times a week. Dumbell arm fuck. Cunting planking.
Still a fat cunt.
edit: would start running again but ankles are made of candy floss.

5 Likes

Am still pissing about with this 5:2 diet - which has become more a way of life than a chore

We do one fast day on Monday which is a piece of piss because there are so many calories in the body swinging around from the weekend that I could probably not eat and not feel hungry

I have also increased my riding mileage by riding into work a few days a week, although that has knackered the second fast day somewhat because I am too hungry to adhere to it - but I seem to forget to tell the Ayatollah

However I have gone from approaching 16st last July to just under 14st now and instead of grousing that my 38in trousers are too tight, I grouse that my 36in trousers keep falling down

And I feel a lot better- for example I can walk for a decent distance at a decent speed without sweating like Jimmy Saville in Toys R Us

5 Likes

This made me lose weight in that I must have pissed 200g

Despite riding 8000km last year, I then did nothing for around 6 months as work ad home commitments and shitty weather meant zero time… and have ballooned, so now back on riding and diet mix… going to be a long road to getting back to something even approaching healthy weight… I need to lose 30kg/5st in old money… :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Nice one!

I did the 5:2 for a while a few years back and found it to be excellent but I never managed to get my intake right for playing football.

I either over compensated for the 2 fast days so I had energy for the game / recovery or I didn’t get enough calories in and had no energy or got ill.

I don’t think 2 fast days works if you’re exercising unless you have the time, focus and determination to really monitor calories in and out. But if I’d had those attributes then I wouldn’t have been a fat cunt in the first place.

3 Likes

You lot want to work offshore where every other day is a fasting day because the food is shite.

1 Like

I found 3 months in Cuba helped me shed stones because it was v hot and the food wasn’t great. Also altitude in Ecuador and Peru helped with me not eating much.
Oh and being ill in India. Stone in a week.

1 Like

3 days on the no shit wagon and down to 102.5kg.
11km walk yesterday helped & full day weeding the veggies planned today.
It IS tough. I have 2 bottles each of 6X & Hobgoblin in the fridge from my trip last week.
Allowed to pop one when get below 100kg

OK, so reviving this thread because I am quite proud of what I have achieved, I expect abuse from @saintbletch but that would be normal.

Those that have met me know me to be quite a portly gentlemen, in fact at the beginning of this year, and probably up to May, I weighed in anywhere between 16st 3lb to 16st 7lb. I joined a gym at the beginning of the year but that wasn’t having the desired effect.

Since May I have cut out bread and chips and try to eat salad for lunch. This morning I put myself on the scales and was met with this…

I can’t remember the last time I was in the 14s

6 Likes