šŸ· Papsweb FAT Club - Monthly weigh in

A fertile imagination on what could befall someone who has no head for heights, precluded my participation in walking the walls. :lou_sad:

2 Likes

Shameā€¦shameā€¦shameā€¦

There are some bits you certainly wouldnā€™t have liked, so you made a good call

For instance:

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooo!

First full day back after 2 weeks in Poland drinking like a fish and eating really bad things.

Weighed myself and.

Iā€™m exactly 1kg heavier than when I went. FFS, I could have drunk/eaten SO much more. I could have had another one of these amazing Wroclaw Donuts

So, for the record. approx 12 months ago I weighed 123.8kgs

This morning I weighed 100.8 kg

My target weight for ā€œthat golf thingā€ is 98kg.

The issue I have is to get the beer gut reduced. That has been a victim of the vacation. Waist size is just a concern - donā€™t want to split my trousers/waterproof gear while crouching down in frontg of 60,000 people!

My fitness tests of 14kms ā€œmountain climbā€ and the 34C 16km standing up for 8 hours trek across Prague have given me a real confidence boost.
No beer, bread or potatoes this week and plenty of swimming and gym time.

1 Like

Whatā€™s all that in old money?

Sounds impressive though.

:lou_lol:

So, for the record. approx 12 months ago I weighed 19st 7lbs

This morning I weighed 15st 12lb

My target weight for ā€œthat golf thingā€ is 15st 6lb

The issue I have is to get the beer gut reduced. That has been a victim of the vacation. Waist size is just a concern - donā€™t want to split my trousers/waterproof gear while crouching down in frontg of 60,000 people!

My fitness tests of 8.7 miles ā€œmountain climbā€ and the 93.2f 10 miles standing up for 8 hours trek across Prague have given me a real confidence boost.
No beer, bread or potatoes this week and plenty of swimming and gym time.

3 Likes

Why didnā€™t he just say so then?

:lou_wink_2:

Seriously though, Iā€™m part of that generation that started learning things in imperial and then went metric, but have parents who didnā€™t/ dont want anything to do with that fancy foreign stuff.

I get temperatures, height and weight (for cooking etc), liquids in metric etc, but pounds and ounces for weighing people and miles per hour for speed, pints for beer, thank you very much.

The kids are pretty much metric but patronisingly accept those with a British colonialist (for want of a better word)leanings insistence on clinging to the old weights and measures. ā€œ After allā€¦ā€ said Teenage Mutantā€¦ā€they canā€™t all live forever, can they?ā€

2 Likes

23 years an expat. Stones is either something you get in your Kidneys or a footballer.

Temperature - 37-49 means something to me. Yet also 70F means it s a nice day in England. I know that at 14C i need to wear a jumper or a jacket, but no idea what that is in old money!

15 stones fvck that is still too heavy

2 Likes

Yeah, temperature in Celsius for me yet my wife, who is younger, prefers in Fahrenheit. I guess my understanding of Celsius is, in part, being brought up in Europe.

Distance in miles and feet and inches, so @Map-Of-Tasmania banging on about a 50km cycle means nothing to me. And I know Iā€™m 5ā€™ 10", feck knows what that is in metric.

Weight in stones, lbs and oz please.

2 Likes

178 cm @BTripz

See, means absolutely nothing to me

Interesting and encouraging.

Just remembered that when I was in my prime leaving school and playing football and cricket every weekend. I hovered around 14st 7lb. So that ainā€™t bad for an old fart.

I was 10 stone 6lb when I left school and am now 38 years later am 11 stone 13 lb

1 Like

I have been married 22 yearsā€¦ I would appear to put on a kg for every year of marriageā€¦ not sure what this means

22 years of celibacy

I suspect you were on the nest continually prior to marriage hence keeping the weight off

This does actually explain a fair bitā€¦ :flushed: now where is that glove thing Fatso sold meā€¦

1 Like

3 Likes

So, a week of being stuck indoors. It is summer, our office is closed as there is no activity in the event industry here and the gang are on vacation or working in foreign lands - ie pretending to be at work while back home.
Sso, that meant Iā€™ve been wworking from home all week. In fact I left the apartment twice - once for a pint of milk and once to take out the trash.
Reason? It has been a ā€œchillyā€ 37C all week. Meh you all cry. Equally, it has been hitting 100% Humidity most days - Bleagh you all cry. That REALLY is sauna temperatures.
Also another reason is that my car has a dead battery and I needed to be around for conf calls.
So, I have vegetated.
I have eaten zero bread, lunches have been a mix of scrambled eggs with bacon and Alpen. Dinners have included Roast Chicken with Boiled Broccoli Mix, Zuchiniā€™s stuffed with mince beef & mozzarella with a spicy Tomato sauce. Last night, full Roast Beef, Boiled Mix Veg, Roast Spuds and Parsnips AND Yorkshire Pudding.
Later in the evening we have munched on fresh Pomelo and Rock Melon and a couple of packs of Chilli Cabanos.
In that time I have had ZERO beers, but have shared 3 bottles of wine with Mrs D_P and slurped about 200ml of Honey Vodka a night.
And I have lost 1kg. In the 5 days since I have been back.

It is the Bread, Beer and Spuds that make a real difference reduce those and those 2 lbs I gained on vacation fell away.
Obviously, I will be drinking beer, starting with the Everton game Sunday. I MAY even have some chips next week, but only once a week.

1 Like

Diety fads are all a load of bollocks as any real medically trained nutritionist would tell youā€¦ Its a very simple concept for us omnivoresā€¦ we need a BALANCED diet of all food groupsā€¦ and our weight is driven by Calories in vs Calories out.

Our diet has become fucked because so much processed foodā€¦ so many have forgotten how to cook and even then in this country its become all about cost as opposed to tasteā€¦ A chicken used to cost more than filet steakā€¦ as they still do in France for the bestā€¦ because they taste like chicken not some water filled pasty heap of shitā€¦ fruit and veg is all out of kilter with seasons and the nutritional value of a tomato iron in a poly tunnel in winter is not the same as an organic one grown in the right time of year in the sunshineā€¦ Tescos and the like are biggest cunts in all this having led people to go down a convenience and cheap rather as opposed to quality and ethical - the amount of plastic shit they cover it with is their fault toā€¦ but we also seem to have contributed because we donā€™t shop at the local greengrocer or butcherā€¦ and they have now mostly disappeared from the hughstreetā€¦ as for regular markets like they have in Europeā€¦ we have fucked our own diet and fucked our own foodā€¦ helped by those supermarket fuckers

1 Like