:southampton: Our fine city and surrounds - photos

Cheers Bob!

1 Like

found some pics of the old cemetery on the Common

1 Like

Haven’t been there for years and all I have of pictures taken there are b&w negatives. Must go back one morning and take some piccies…very atmospheric place, nice pictures Niki BTW. :lou_lol:

Cheers. I have a few of the dogs all bounding around the place trying to find squirrels. I often go with my dad when he walks them.

1 Like

Your Dad walks squirrels?

4 Likes

People will walk anything they can get a lead on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does.

And three years later, OS decides to go digital, invalidating the use of all those nice big windows made for cartographers :slight_smile:

True…I was transferred into R&D on 3rd January 1972 to start on “Automated Cartography”…they owe it all to me. :lou_wink:

A bit blowy on Weston Shore today. Short walk for the dog.

1 Like

This mornings dog walk (sans dog)…Emer Bog Wildlife Reserve…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Emer Bog Wildlife Reserve this morning…

5 Likes

Creekmoor Ponds

1 Like

Exploring the ruins of the Royal Artillery’s Westwood Z Battery, Westwood woodland Park with Kid Goat and Skippy.

3 Likes

Stolen from “Southampton Heritage Photos” FB page…very nicely done…

Matter of taste LITSL

Interesting idea, some good pics but not my cup of tea on how it was all cobbled together.

In particular the backing Muzak and that fucking bell did my head in.

Just fascinated what the amateur has access too these days. I used to do twin projector slide shows with cassette music accompaniment…a system just made up for a dramatic cock-up. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Like when some slides from your personal “special reserve” selection got accidentally slipped in by mistake?

1 Like

Not sure where to put this. Some things going on for God’s House Tower. Used to spend a lot of time there as a kid.

https://twitter.com/LabourSatvir/status/1131698539875196928

4 Likes