:southampton: Our fine city and surrounds - photos

Dodging rain showers on Baddesley Common this afternoon…

4 Likes

Not as good but here’s a double rainbow taken in my back yard on my icrapplephone.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SeeSouthampton/status/1151400017032171520

2 Likes

Wonder where I am.

2 Likes

Set out on the dog-walk in shorts and polo-shirt this afternoon. This Twitcher three trees down looks better prepared…

8 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/andrewsp2009/status/1165570679774875648?s=20

1 Like

I had a hectic few days in Southampton catching up with people I’ve not seen in ages.
I had to wait about 5 mins for my sister to get home yesterday so ended up by the Itchen looking over to Bitterne Manor. My dad had mentioned seeing some black swans over there. There was one in the middle of the river and it made its way over to see me.

7 Likes

Emer Bog’s mighty Oak at it’s best this morning…

9 Likes

Local dog-walk a little murky this morning…

5 Likes

Yesterday’s mist dissolved to reveal some billowing Cumulus in the late afternoon…

4 Likes
3 Likes

Wanna get out and about…get a dog…

8 Likes

My partner loves going for walks. I’m a bit meh about it but that’s because I’d rather have a dog with me. I’m so bloody happy if a muddy dog comes bounding up to me to say hello.

1 Like

There’s no escaping Molly, she’s about as sociable as you’ll ever find AND muddy is her default setting. This is her this morning…

7 Likes

Beautiful crisp morning…

9 Likes

Baddesley Common this morning…recession in the landscape…

6 Likes

Baddesley Common yesterday morning before the rain set in again…Birches sparkle in the bright sunlight…

5 Likes

Lovely photograph.

1 Like

Thanks… @Nottarf-Krap. The Common is administered and maintained by The Hampshire & IOW Wildlife Trust and they have a nasty habit of thinning out the quick growing Birches. Those on the right of the picture have been thinned out in the last couple of months. I had a go at them when they were doing it, it was like they had a new toy and were using it to chop the landscape up. :rage: