Merkel : Europeans can no longer rely on the US or UK

Hmm, maybe it’s an age thing.

I’ve lived in Germany (when my pa was in the army), spoke the language, mixed with the natives etc. etc.

I’ve lived and worked in France, learnt the language, mixed with the natives etc. etc. had a long term French Candian Girlfriend even

Yet I don’t consider myself European, I still consider myelf British!!

1 Like

I am British this week as my boss crew changed and is now Welsh.

Last week I was Aampshire as my then boss was born in Alton.

I have never thought of myself as European.

Barry you dumb prick I’m talking about individuals not nation states. Fuck me.

1 Like

So are you saying you can’t feel European without signing up lock, stock and barrel to everything the EU dictates? That’s weird. Do you currently not consider yourself British because you disagree with the Tory government?

1 Like

To be honesy BTripz I don’t really feel a strong affiliation to ‘Britishness’ or ‘Eurpoeanness’. If someone asks me my nationality I say ‘British’, but rather apologetically and sheepishly as I’m a bit embarrassed by what Britishness is nowadays.

All that doesn’t mean that I can’t comprehend someone buying into the idea of being ‘European’ though.

1 Like

That ain’t a bad option! (Not that I consider myself Texan, even though we do speak the same language).

1 Like

I’m totally British, and completely English, but only when I mess up or do weird anti-social things. When I do cool things, I’m European. :lou_lol:

Unless, I’m in the States. Then I massively exaggerate my Englishness. :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

You’ve already got the boots and the hat. Just the gun to go :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Oh thats convenient, what makes you European? A lost vote?

People just like to hate and moan about their own Country, that ironically to their chagrin is innately British, moaning and wishing you were elsewhere, they were always in my experience the quickest to return to the UK. That privilege is a luxury as well.

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who hates their own country - where are you finding all these fuckers you keep telling us about?

1 Like

The mirror.

1 Like

The Daily Fail as well"

I have met many who have no affiliation to this Country, they prefer anywhere but here.

Isn’t it just as you’ve mentioned above though?:

“People just like to hate and moan about their own Country, that ironically to their chagrin is innately British, moaning and wishing you were elsewhere, they were always in my experience the quickest to return to the UK.”

You appear to be arguing with yourself.

2 Likes

People soon stop moaning about their country when they leave it.

HTH

2 Likes

The Mail readers don’t hate this country, they just hate sections of the population - that’s quite different.

But seriously. No wonder many feel like this when all day long you have people telling you how shit it is or how you carry the shame for every ill on the planet over history and you get locked up for flying a flag.

Let’s face it you offend everyone every day you exist according to many. How often does the News lead with a GOOD story?

Compare that with Nations that are allowed to have Pride who fly their flags, who celebrate a National Day.

No wonder Bazza is so negative you’re not ALLOWED to be part of anything you must live in permanent despair so you can be exploited by the happy 1%

I genuinely have no idea what you’re talking about. I think we’re very much talking at cross purposes (as usual).

I’m talking hypothetically, which is pretty easy to tell if you actually read my posts on this thread.

That bit don’t sound hypothetical.

2 Likes