Leicester vs Saints match thread

Late to the party as we were, we don’t get to celebrate many firsts at Sotonians. I think this might be the first time I’ve seen match commentary four days before the match on any Saints forum.

4 Likes

** ** Speak for yourself … on my Matchday Stream Pelle has just equalised against Liverpool :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Bucks

Which tosspots scheduled the match to clash with the T20 Final? Am going to have to ban the missus from using both TVs now.

Get a friggin grip man. She should slaving away in the kitchen cooking your delayed Roast Dinner, or ironing your shirts for work next week :laughing:

1 Like

Any man who has lost control of his television has lost control of his woman.

Give up the remote and chaos beckons.

That fucked me a long time ago… why do you think iPads are so popular?

i don’t think that’s a man tbh. It sounds more like a craven worm.

3 Likes

I let her have the 2nd TV usually, as a reward for good behaviour. Incentives work people, try it.

I think this will be a really interesting game. Leicester must be getting nervous, given the number of games left in the season and Saints will want to continue pushing for a Euro spot.

Leicester will probably sit back and wait to hit us on the break (as they have played most of the season) so I think we need a really strong (and quick) midfield and back line. We also need someone up front to feed off quick balls over the top. My team would be:

Forster
Cedric
Fonte
Van Dijk
Bertrand
S Davies
Clasie
Wanyama
Targett
Mane
Long

What do others think?

4 Likes

Is Long Injure tho? I heard he was Injure. I am sure Pelle will play but I am not sure he will get much change out of Huth+Morgan I would give Juanmi a game for Lols bc they prob won’t even notice him scurrying round their ankles & he could sneak a goal

No. Will leave us short in the final overs. We put all our Pace up front like that then we have to rely on slow bowlers such as Tadic & Chazza coming on.

Really don’t think High Bouncers or slow left foot tweakers will be the way to go at the death, Need to get that 140kph+ pace available to challenge the tiring big lumps trying to huth it out of the ground.

Think I’d open with Tadic, their Openers will take a while to work out just what the hell he is bowling leaving Mane to blister them later in the Innings

Feck sake I’m sure this same post has just turned up on Saintslist!! Plagiarist

I thought Bertrand was our only freshinjury concern? From Physioroom.com

I’m a bit worried about our lack of pace in defence, we were woefully exposed against Liverpool (in the first half) playing these tactics but, that said, Wanyama came on and locked down the midfield so, if he can replicate this, it might be a good plan.

We just need to get our shooting boots on.

Originally posted by @BTripz

I thought Bertrand was our only freshinjury concern? From Physioroom.com

Don’t contradict me with facts & evidence BTripz, the important thing is what I sense & imagine. I would take that over ur “Facts” and “Evidence” any day of the week.

2 Likes

Sorry my ursine friend, I will not do it again…

1 Like

Originally posted by SaintByChoice

What do others think?

Too much spin in that line up really mate.

The wicket at the King Power is pretty green and unlikely to start breaking up 'til around the 75 minute mark, especially around the boxes and centre circle.

I’d at least like to see Romeu starting for his aggression factor and intelligent use of the ball. We simply cannot afford too many wide deliveries when Leicester are so efficient on the counter.

I reckon Fraser could do some damage if he came in off his long run, Mane is likely to be erratic with the new ball and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want Wanyama bowling the last over.

I can see Van Dijk as a sort of David Gower batsman - all class and stylish shots, whereas Jose will be trying to club every ball into the car park.

Oh and Goat, it’s still nought for no wicket at the moment.

1 Like

FFS give Vince a game! The man is fresh and our best player, jeeeeez

How long has it been since our CAPTAIN got a game, for fuck sake! :lou_eyes_to_sky:

It’s just not cricket.

1 Like

On the subject of Captains, I hope O When has a good game on Sunday.