Leicester vs Saints match thread

We’re playing again on Sunday too!? Fuck sake, the lads will miss the T20 final! They must be gutted. :lou_sad:

Thats because it was me on Saintslist! :slight_smile: Apologies for posting the same thing on two forums.

I just read that Long is out.

we will lose this game.

Only joshing with you, I cross post all the time :lou_sad:

Oh shit! Who the fuck is gonna play at Long On now? :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Press conference summary.

First question was on the situation at Valencia and Neville’s departure. RK asked how long Neville was there. “Six weeks”, came the reply from the journo room. “Not bad”, RK says. “I was there six months”. Lols ensue, but RK doesn’t really talk about it. Says he wants Barcelona to win the upcoming Clasico.

RK is then asked if the international break came at a bad time for Southampton, as we were going well beforehand. RK says its the same for everybody, we had 17 players away, some players have played a lot, others haven’t. We’ve had an extra day to recover. Says international experience is a good thing which helps the players to prepare for the European finals. Injury-wise, Shane Long has a problem with his patella and is doubtful for Sunday.

RK is asked whether we’ve got the squad and the players to beat Leicester City. Says we were dominating in the home game for 60 minutes, 2-0 up, says Leicester had a great spirit, kept going to the final whistle, and got their 2-2. He was surprised about their position in the table then, it’s amazing and all credit to them. Says they are afraid of Southampton, because they know we can beat anybody, showed that against Liverpool, away against Man Utd and Chelsea. Team full of confidence, but they realise that they are very tough and very strong. Looking forward to Sunday. Identifies Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Conte as main threats, but says whole team and their spirit will be strong.

RK is asked about our chances of winning the title after Pochettino apparently put us in the frame (lol). Says he doesn’t agree with Mauricio and while it’s nice to hear that Southampton are still one of the seven teams fighting for the Premier League. “Thank you Mauricio, I don’t see it like that. In my opinion it is between Tottenham and Leicester”

Asked about top four. “Everything is possible” (at this point Barry can pull him up on the impossibility of the title, and wonder how EU rules ever allowed this bloke to work here :lou_lol:). Says we should fight for European football, looking for 5th and 6th first.

Asked if anyone fell for what Fatso described as “shittest April Fool ever”. RK says he didn’t fall for it.

RK is asked why we falter after we’ve had a week off. Says that’s not always the case. Points to the Sunderland 8-0. Doesn’t think it’s a big story. Thinks it is difficult for all the teams. We’ve got the same number of internationals as City and United - 17 capped players, a lot with quite a distance to travel. Says the extra day will help again.

Asked if international thing is a learning curve thing (we’ve never had so many internationals!). “Of course”, but he reckons the club recognise the situation of individual players, even if they have no control over what happens when they’re playing for their international teams. Again, international football is not seen as a big problem.

Asked about the end of season. RK says everyone is fighting for something, trophies, European spots & relegations.

Press conference then goes into super secret embargo mode (boo!).

6 Likes

So that’s pretty clear, Tadic has to find a line slightly wide of the crease so that we can have Long Off.

That was a real Long-hop served to him about us making a late push for the IPL title, think he played that Spanish Inquisition with a straight bat, and is clearly concerned at the threat of the Tigers Pace Attack, but although he says the right things I reckon he sees an opportunity to get amongst their 5th Bowler.

Nice he developed that Halo shot to dismiss this morning’s Crest Googly

I think we’re going to win tomorrow, but can only offer an irrational superstitious case, which conveniently enough, places me at the centre of the universe.

First, there’s the whole starting a match thread thing. Two wins before, and as we all know, the starter of a match thread on an obscure Saints forum creates cosmic ripples which affect real life. I am looking for the universe to deliver a hat trick.

Second, and perhaps most importantly, the beard is back. Confession. I accidentally clipped a whole section of my beard off during some non-routine maintenance and the whole thing had to go. I have been growing it ever since, but it takes ages. Saints form dipped as soon as the bastard came off.

So between the thread starting and the badger beard resurrection, I think all bases are covered.

No doubt some smartarse will be along to tell you that these things have fuck all to do with football matches, and point to things like relative quality of squads, tactics and general up-for-it-ness on the day.

Fuck those people. They never saw the devastation when bTripz was starting match threads in the midst of my naked chin.

2 Likes

Beard/No Beard…it’s all irrelevant superstitious nonsense.

On the other hand I’ve just implimented the red and white stripey bowl/porridge combo…there’s no way we can lose. :lou_lol:

Just had my lucky satsuma, cut east to west, I’m now about to walk backwards across the patio.

Has Pap smeared his matchday shit across his lucky genitals yet?

5 Likes

Off to watch this now at my dad’s. Looking forward to it, though with a tinge of sadness.

I’ll get to see the game live…

but I’ll miss out on Rallyboy’s updates.

I almost opted to stay in. It was a close call.

Enjoy the game lads. Let’s hope for some early Leicester wickets falling! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Forster

Fonte VVD Bertrand

Cedric Wanyama Clasie Davis Targett

Mane

Pelle

subs: J-Rod, Austin ,Romeu ,JWP, Yoshi, Tadic, Stek.

Strong as fuck.

1 Like

I shall be listening on talksport so no doubt my ears will be bleeding by the time I get to Gatwick.

COYS!!!

1 Like

Heading to EDI airport at aroun 3pm so hopefully its over by then and not squeaky arse time…

Team for Saints.