:leicesterfc: Leicester v Saints :saints: (League Cup)

That’s just speculation on your part.

3 Likes

Do keep up, Bletch, there’s a good chap.

3 Likes

Don’t pretend you meant that.

You wannabe-librarian.

If he wants to live in a country in the east of the African continent he can, don’t pick on him because of that…

1 Like

[quote=“Simon-says, post:100, topic:4727”]
As for the fitness side of things, Hughes doesn’t have his own people for this stuff.

I have given this more thought and I might be talking bollox to be fair. I remember Koeman’s mate ‘Jan’ who was a fitness and conditioning coach, so maybe each manager does have his own man who is accountable for that stuff. In which case it would surely be a Hughes related problem? Assuming one of his two buddies is responsible for that side of things.

Peak Hughes

Scathing

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, Bob. It means a lot, it really does.

1 Like

Tweaked it for you @Fowllyd. :lou_sunglasses:

So football gossip is not allowed? That would make it exciting as football is full of nuances and different views, facts? We’ve won 6/35 home games in 3 odd years, we’ve played shit football in that time and Mark Hughes is our worst manager in recent memory, maybe living memory.

We’re shit, thats speculation but highly probable.

Yeah I started to read that article but got annoyed with the author trying to be witty and clever, so I stopped. He is probably a Pompey fan or a plastic of some description. Comparing the two instances and Hughes’ reaction to each is fucking pointless because they are so different.

In fairness to Hughes I don’t think he is being hypocritical. Against Watford VAR would have awarded us a goal had it been used. Because there was unequivocal proof that Yoshida didn’t touch the ball or block the keeper’s line of sight.

Referencing the penalty incident, whilst it has some weight as an argument, is not the same. McCarthy could have saved it. It wasn’t a goal ruled out unfairly and incorrectly. The referee also had a good reason to get the decision wrong because his line of sight was blocked by other players. Something that cannot be said with our disallowed goal and his clear line of sight.

His criticism yesterday was directed at the silly cunt watching the VAR screen as opposed to VAR itself. VAR is only as good as the bloke watching it back. On this occasion the guy has deduced that Redmond DELIBERATELY handled the ball. If it is accidental then the goal stands. THAT is the issue here. The VAR official’s interpretation of the action and the law. Hand to ball as opposed to ball to hand. Yes it hit Redmond’s hand. Yes the fact that it hit Redmond’s hand provided us with an advantage. But did he deliberately do it? Did he move his hand unnaturally towards the ball? No, I don’t believe so. And at the end of the fecking day, THAT is the law of the game.

(From the FA website: Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

Hughes doesn’t believe it was deliberate handball. He is simply disagreeing with what is essentially a refereeing decision. VAR simply gives a second opportunity to make the correct decision as per the laws of the game. It still completely relies on referees being competent in the first instance.

The two incidents are different and it is apples and oranges.

So do one, Barry Glendenning.

2 Likes

We only play around 12 home games a year? Have you been on the waccy baccy? What you have described there is about 2 years worth of home games. I’m not disputing we’ve been shit at home but don’t stretch the ‘facts’ Bazza.

1 Like

Here are the correct stats for you Baz:

Home wins in the Prem since the start of the 2016/17 season until today (2 and a bit years): 10 wins out of 44 games.

Still unimpressive but at least factually accurate :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

You’re just a mouthpiece for shit Welsh managers.

3 Likes

Are you implying that I give Mark Hughes free blowjobs on the weekends behind the bins at Tescos? How very dare you :lou_angry:

Thought that was @Fatso ‘s job.

50p a time as I recall.

2 Likes

That’s why he doesn’t post anymore, business is booming.

1 Like

@Barry-Sanchez has scarpered in the light of some actual facts, it’s only a bit of truth Baz it won’t bite :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Watch the above.

Admit your ‘Facts’ were wrong Baz! I don’t give a fuck if we’re shit or not admit you were wrong, admit it! :smiley: