:leicesterfc: Leicester v Saints :saints: (League Cup)

Consider me well and truly disillusioned.

Shhh

You’ve summoned him!!

2 Likes

He was at the game and has no internet access.:lou_lol:

3 Likes

No need for a rant, we’re shit and that is all there is to it, I think I have been saying that though.

Fuck our luck. Deserved to get through to get spanked by Citeh.

Tbf losing tonight is the lesser of two humiliations.

At least Hughes had an excuse to lose last night.
fact of the matter is we’re going to probably get relegated with him in charge, he’s a dinosaur of a manager and we need to change him. The games moved on and coaching is priority now.
Can’t see it being done before the weekend though.

He won’t go until after Spurs game. Why appoint a manager without the DoF and with 2 spankings to start his tenure. Makes no sense except to the Twitterverse

1 Like

Yep. Makes sense.

Hughes needs to suss out his best team and formation fast in order to save his job. Highly unlikely though.

Anyone know how Targett, Valery and Obafemi played?
I’m not to bothered about going out, but would have liked to have seen how they faired.

One reason it might make sense is that after Spurs we play Arsenal, City and Chelsea before January 3rd.

I agree with the logic of not letting the new manager start with tough fixtures, but if you follow it through then you don’t change manager until January 3rd.

2 Likes

I reckon that’s when it’ll happen. New Year New League.

2 Likes

The wheels at SFC turn slowly. No rumours as to Reed’s replacement and a Board consisting of people who are not “football people”, as old 'Arry would say.

I reckon there’s a good chance Hughes will be there until the end of the Season.

Equally though, regardless of the fixtures it gives the new manager more time on the training ground with the players to get across his ideas. Maybe even get them fitter. By the time those ‘winnable’ games come around the new processes and tactics may have started to resonate. This is all dependent on a new manager having a particular style or ideology to implement.

So for that reason I say pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

I suspect that the lack of a Les Reed replacement is what is actually holding things up and giving Hughes a stay of execution.

3 Likes

How do we know that Hughes & his team have not taken “control” of Player Fitness from the back office team?
How do we know that they are not already working on that?

I obviously have no idea whether they are or aren’t, the only FACT I currently have is that yesterday he set the team up differently, we kept a clean sheet, did not fold mentally (until Gabbi’s penalty) and actually could/should have won a very tough game away at LCFC.

It is this same assumptive bandwagon that got us all swept up and we demanded Puel’s sacking.
Facts results are atrocious.
Facts we have not seemed fit mentally or physically
Fact the team managing fitness and game preparation of players has been changed.

Opinion - we have been bloody unlucky in our last few games, we have also shown an improvement in our shape and style of play (marginal I grant) but Redmond IS more direct and having more consistent games. Just Hoedt Austin & Cedric have been woeful.
Valery could now get game time Vestergaard may actually b e able to play football and Obafemi looks the obvious starter ahead of Austin. All changes/improvements in the past 3 days.

Beat Utd and get a point at Spurs and some of these posts will look a bit daft (not yours but generally of course)

1 Like

On the cheap, I think they’re resigned to relegation, now cost cutting.

I take the point, but we will never know any of this and this would be a very dull site if nobody speculated to an extent.

I am not reading anything in to the situation regarding reverting to a back three last night. If anything I think that it was due to Leicester playing with two upfront (Vardy and Iheanacho) and not wanting to concede too many after letting in 3 against bottom of the league. Also, he played this system at the start of the season but it failed to deliver results.

As for the fitness side of things, Hughes doesn’t have his own people for this stuff. The sports science guys will be the same as the ones under previous administrations. Pochettino used to make the players do double sessions to get them fitter. That is the manager’s choice to do that, not sport science. They don’t take training sessions or dictate anything to management.

I agree that mental fatigue is as much as a problem as physical. That will mainly be down to confidence and results though. If we haven’t already got a sports psychologist down there then we probably should.

I couldn’t agree more regarding how unlucky we are. It almost doesn’t feel real, watching the number of decisions and incidents going against us again and again. You wouldn’t believe it if you saw it in a movie or read it in a work of fiction.

For what its worth I think our problems are much bigger than the manager and consequently, changing him won’t magic our difficulties away, short of appointing a truly gifted and top class manager. Which we probably cannot afford or attract.

That said, we have to do something to halt the decline. Keeping faith with a manager with this bad a record is very brave in the present but will quite likely be incredibly foolish in hindsight.

In terms of Hughes’ selections, I’ve seen enough of Hoedt and Stephens to know what I am going to get. I cannot yet say the same of Vestergaard as an individual and a Vestergaard and Yoshida partnership. Yet yesterday was the first time those to have been fielded together (albeit also with Stephens). So that would seem a good place to start. For whatever reason though, Hughes is sticking with Hoedt and that is starting to cost us a lot of points.

Ultimately the buck has to stop somewhere and rightly or wrongly it is usually with the man picking the team.

I have to disagree with you here. I think speculation should be banned throughout the site, and that we should all deal only in fully substantiated facts. I reckon it would make the site a much better place.

3 Likes